Sign in to follow this  
sdy284

EA to follow Ubisoft with always on DRM

Well I can't say I happy for Jeff but it is kind of nice to see that the average consumer might not be the only one being affected by this DRM.

So... let's see, we have Ubisoft, EA, and I think Blizzard(not sure, just heard from friends) are all on the bandwagon now, I'm thinking it won't be long til activision hops on, probably with their new singularity title if I had to guess.

as bp9801 posted in the news ubisoft apologised and made it up to customers. how are ea and alike going to make it up to us?

Hopefully EA does something better than just giving customers free games that they may not even want to play. I would prefer EA just forget about DRM and give me a penguin, penguins make everything better. :D

I would prefer EA just forget about DRM and give me a penguin, penguins make everything better. :D

If your talking about the Chocolates and i really hope you are Death lol, i Prefer CLUB it used to be exquisite but now for some reason you dont find it on store shelfs anymore, except Aldi but atleast they still make them :)

I would prefer EA just forget about DRM and give me a penguin, penguins make everything better. :D

Unless they're the ones that have an obession with taking over gotham city :lol:

If your talking about the Chocolates and i really hope you are Death lol, i Prefer CLUB it used to be exquisite but now for some reason you dont find it on store shelfs anymore, except Aldi but atleast they still make them :)

Actually I wasn't, but now that you have mentioned it I am really curious because I've never heard of it before, I am definitely going to have to check for this next time I'm at Aldi.

I'm talking about the old days of dial-up and the only way to get a game for free was to have a friend that had it and burned it for you

:lol:...

:rolleyes:

So... let's see, we have Ubisoft, EA, and I think Blizzard(not sure, just heard from friends) are all on the bandwagon now, I'm thinking it won't be long til activision hops on, probably with their new singularity title if I had to guess.

I give props for blizzard online, EA has been a turd for a long time. and ubisoft in the day patched a tom clancy game just like

BC2, except they used a crack made by a scene group.

and i agree, at least it isn't the consumer, because 90% of the its the consumer who gets its nasty

as bp9801 posted in the news ubisoft apologised and made it up to customers. how are ea and alike going to make it up to us?

they aren't :lol: an apology? they might as well send me a postcard with a big middle finger on it. whats the point?

I still doubt the sales numbers would significantly go up.

They would. People who never would have thought about pirating games are doing so nowadays simply because it's easier than jumping through idiotic DRM hoops.

I'd love to play AC2 but until the DRM is patched out there's no way they're going to get my money.

I doubt any game developer out there is going to stop developing DRM unless there is proof that making DRM free games is more profitable (with piracy added to the equation) then it is to make a game with DRM included.

I just don't see how boycotting PC games that have DRM is going to convince game developers that it's not worth it and will cause them to stop the development of DRM. What's more then likely going to happen is there going to see a drop in PC sales and the next time they are making a new game they will just forgot to make a PC version and make it for consoles only so the PC gamer is the only one who ends up loosing for boycotting PC games.

Edited by fire_storm

I doubt any game developer out there is going to stop developing DRM unless there is proof that making DRM free games is more profitable (with piracy added to the equation) then it is to make a game with DRM included.

I just don't see how boycotting PC games that have DRM is going to convince game developers that it's not worth it and will cause them to stop the development of DRM. What's more then likely going to happen is there going to see a drop in PC sales and the next time they are making a new game they will just forgot to make a PC version and make it for consoles only so the PC gamer is the only one who ends up loosing for boycotting PC games.

Well there is proof that there is a drop in sales/increase in piracy due to DRM so I really don't see how it's helping them.

Honestly if boycotting the game means they will stop developing for PC then I'm okay with that, I would rather have them not market games towards me if they can't do it without using ridiculous DRM. Also keep in mind that the kind of decisions are not up to the publishers only, if a developer wants to make a PC version of their game and the publisher says no, I would imagine they would find a new publisher, I don't think Crytek for example wants to drop the PC community because they know that means a big drop in sales as well as having to make their future games for less powerful machines, which means all their work of developing the cryengines is going to waste.

Well there is proof that there is a drop in sales/increase in piracy due to DRM so I really don't see how it's helping them.

Honestly if boycotting the game means they will stop developing for PC then I'm okay with that, I would rather have them not market games towards me if they can't do it without using ridiculous DRM. Also keep in mind that the kind of decisions are not up to the publishers only, if a developer wants to make a PC version of their game and the publisher says no, I would imagine they would find a new publisher, I don't think Crytek for example wants to drop the PC community because they know that means a big drop in sales as well as having to make their future games for less powerful machines, which means all their work of developing the cryengines is going to waste.

Ac2- one of the first drm online games. I am quite sure that since there isnt even a working crack, the piracy numbers are .ing low!

Ac2- one of the first drm online games. I am quite sure that since there isnt even a working crack, the piracy numbers are .ing low!

And you know this for sure? you can prove that sales are increasing just because piracy numbers are low? and you are counting all the torrents and torrent sites out there and not just TPB? I personally can prove they are losing sales because of DRM, I am proof of that, I won't be buying a game that is a sequel to a game that I loved because of DRM.