TropicalPreist

This guy has the most insane setups!!

Why? I'd say that's great parenting. Why should kids be sheltered? My parents let me watch R rated movies when I was younger, why are violent video games any different? Are they going to think they can go outside and kill zombies at will? Oh wait, zombies don't exist.

Agree Wholeheartedly. Age ratings are a load of tosh anyway. I watched my first 18+ movie when I was like 8, and was addicted to GTA3 when I was 7 years old, And look at me now! I find it hard to kill insects, and I wouldn't think twice about skipping out on college, let alone steal cars, rob old ladies and kill people. :P

When I have kids, if I'm watching an explicit movie (unless it's one of those EXPLICIT movies :rolleyes: ), then I wont scream at them to leave the room. Of course, I'll warn them that it'll give them nightmares if they stay, but as with my parents, I chose to ignore those warnings when I was ready.

Parenting discussion is now open.

The really amazing thing is not that he has these tri-LCD setups (many people have them), but rather the FPS he's getting on them. Whatever is powering that must be insane.

Why? I'd say that's great parenting. Why should kids be sheltered? My parents let me watch R rated movies when I was younger, why are violent video games any different? Are they going to think they can go outside and kill zombies at will? Oh wait, zombies don't exist.

hopefully parents are in some way trying to shelter their childrens innocence at least a little bit...is it really ok to taint young developing minds before they've experienced life from a childs perspective (developmentally speaking) /it's easy enough to teach a young person wrong thinking because they(kids) so much absorb what they see and hear...i don't think any of us would want our own children to become desensitized to murder and violence or carry violence into the teen years or worse into adulthood....imho 6-12 yrs is to young and there are so many more productive things a kid can get into...

Carry violence into their teenage years? Ok then.

Teenagers are violent anyway. Probably more so if they weren't exposed to it at an early age. I know loads of kids who were sheltered up until the age of 12, some are even being sheltered now. Little do their parents know that most of them smoke, drink, take drugs, and 1 or 2 of them are even knocked up already. Bear in mind that I'm only 16, as are they.

I was exposed at an early age and I've never smoked a cigarette, taken an illegal substance or lost my virginity. There isn't enough proof that sheltering kids stops them from doing this stuff, because if you ask me, the later you leave it, the bigger a kick in the teeth it will be.

Teenagers are violent anyway. Probably more so if they weren't exposed to it at an early age. I know loads of kids who were sheltered up until the age of 12, some are even being sheltered now. Little do their parents know that most of them smoke, drink, take drugs, and 1 or 2 of them are even knocked up already. Bear in mind that I'm only 16, as are they.

I was exposed at an early age and I've never smoked a cigarette, taken an illegal substance or lost my virginity. There isn't enough proof that sheltering kids stops them from doing this stuff, because if you ask me, the later you leave it, the bigger a kick in the teeth it will be.

KB was agreeing with us. He was mocking cjloki. Learn sarcasm :P

Pretty much half or more of my school does drugs and if you including drinking its at like 90%(Yeah lol). Its America, kids just fail here because their parents focus their whole life around their "little baby". I don't do anything because I know what the consequences are, ok you can have 4 hours of fun and then have 4 days of .. I will rather just have fun without that stuff. Someone told me without alcohol parties aren't fun. <_<

Someone told me without alcohol parties aren't fun. <_<

man this is going to .ing suck when my generation is running for legislature and presidency

Pretty much half or more of my school does drugs and if you including drinking its at like 90%(Yeah lol). Its America, kids just fail here because their parents focus their whole life around their "little baby". I don't do anything because I know what the consequences are, ok you can have 4 hours of fun and then have 4 days of .. I will rather just have fun without that stuff. Someone told me without alcohol parties aren't fun.

u live in the ghetto? jk, but my school aint even close, maybe lik 5% druggies, no alcoholics

man this is going to .ing suck when my generation is running for legislature and presidency

lawl

I believe as a parent its my responsibility to teach my children the different between fiction and reality.

IMO it shouldn't matter, its MY job to teach him right from wrong.

If a game is able to influence my child enough to go shoot up a school, then I have completely failed as a parent.

I'm sure our grandparents thought the same thing about our parents :P

u live in the ghetto? jk, but my school aint even close, maybe lik 5% druggies, no alcoholics

lawl

My school district is like one of the best in PA. Its all like rich kids. I am telling you, the rich kids are the worst(I'm not like totally rich, but I guess I'm in the "better off" group. Rich kids who get everything from their parents are the druggies here and most of them are pretty stupid too.

PA is just the place where all the . is dumped :lol: (Really humid in summer, druggies, stupid people ect..)

Edit: My generation is lucky to have people like me, 4.0GPA and going for Honors next year and AP in 12th grade(I am german so I guess I don't count :lol:, everyone says I am smart because I am German LOL)

Edited by Krieg1337

My school district is like one of the best in PA. Its all like rich kids. I am telling you, the rich kids are the worst(I'm not like totally rich, but I guess I'm in the "better off" group. Rich kids who get everything from their parents are the druggies here and most of them are pretty stupid too.

PA is just the place where all the . is dumped :lol: (Really humid in summer, druggies, stupid people ect..)

Edit: My generation is lucky to have people like me, 4.0GPA and going for Honors next year and AP in 12th grade(I am german so I guess I don't count :lol:, everyone says I am smart because I am German LOL)

No offense, but high school is cake. Wait to you get to college, and then we'll truly see how smart you are :P. I'm not saying you won't prove your mettle, but I never had to study for crap in HS (and yes, I was honors/ap...all the mumbo jumbo).