Sign in to follow this  
road-runner

Ebay Sucks

< is going to stay off of E-bay. All the tech stuff I own has sold here really easy. Just make the price fair and you'll have a buyer in no time.

Called them and they released it... :)

Just hope he doesn't complain to paypal.

I've heard stories that in some cases even after the funds were put in the persons bank account that the buyer complained and paypal got the money from the seller by simply withdrawing the money out of the sellers banks account to paypal and then transferring it to the buyer.

Edited by fire_storm

I've had 500+ Ebay transactions and only one problem for which Paypal refunded me in full, perhaps I've been lucky?

Cheers

Paul

Maybe us UK folk have it a bit better?

I know I have never had any major problems and I help my dad with his listing stuff as well.

He is up to about 1400 completed items without any major problems either.

Just hope he doesn't complain to paypal.

I've heard stories that in some cases even after the funds were put in the persons bank account that the buyer complained and paypal got the money from the seller by simply withdrawing the money out of the sellers banks account to paypal and then transferring it to the buyer.

I hope not either, I listed it as no refunds guarantee no DOA, he has tested it and it works so... :unsure:

I hope not either, I listed it as no refunds guarantee no DOA, he has tested it and it works so... :unsure:

Typically ebay/paypal policy always overrules any policy that the seller may have.

But it looks like your in the clear know.

Edited by fire_storm

Ebay doesn't give two shytes and a squirt what you do or do not have as your auction terms as I've founds out many times. They will override anything and everything to make sure they buyer gets their way, especially in regards to electronics.

I dealt with this one last year....

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.p...howtopic=161519

Sold that friggin motherboard 3 times. The 3rd buyer recieved it and installed it and messaged me right away and sait it worked perfectly. I then called up PayPal and eBay and told them of this and asked what they could do about the previous 2 buyers that "claimed" that the board was DOA, and they both said they couldn't do anything, because buyers are allowed to have remorse and sellers do sell junk once in a while. I then got into it with the PayPal lady when I told her that from now on, i'll make sure to have my funds transferred to my bank account before ever sending the product and she said that PayPal wants to, they can FORCE that money back from the account in the event of a claim. I told her that I'd like to see that done when all I have to do is call my bank and have them block anything PayPal related due to a scam. Seen them do it 2 times now and PayPal did not win.

Now... As far as electronics go, I'll say it again. Take pics of everything including serial numbers. Take pics of the item working. Mark these items in secret little spots with a sharpie or something so you know what you sold and didn't sell in case of the old switch-a-roo game like what was pulled on me and failed due to me having a pic of the serial number.

Last, ebay now has a policy that a seller MUST accept PayPal, although certain power sellers do not have to abide by this because they make sales and you have to call them for CC payment over the phone, which I'm VERY leary of. It happened to me a while back in the purchase of a new digital camera. I won the auction and then went to pay and there was no way to do it other than call the seller, which happened to be a company in New York with 10-15 different ebay accounts with 10,000+ transactions each. They all had fantastic feedback, so I was a little more comfortable about it, but I still did call ebay and ask about it and they said they do allow some sellers to not take PayPal due to the sheer volume they sell on ebay. The rest of us are S.O.L.

Adding to that, you simply cannot have an auction and state that you DO NOT ACCEPT PAYPAL, because ebay eill cancel your auction if it's reported to them. It's their way of ensuring that they get their cut of both the sale and the payment. No way around it. If a buyer wins and asks if they can send a money order or cashiers check, thats allowed, although I hate having to wait for money. Many buyers are good and you'll have the money in a few days, and others are horrible and will give you the runaround for 1-2 weeks until they've saved enough money to actually pay.

My sales on ebay have dramatically dropped after that motherboard incident. Between electronics, guitars and CD's, I've run the gauntlet on complete moron buyers with every excuse known to man, and they're still coming up with more. It's disheartening and my faith in the human race decreases every time I run into one. Aside from the scammers and spammers on Craigslist, it's a good alternative, but there are even headaches there.

Good luck and remember cover your a$$

This is why I only sell through my mother, she sells hatching eggs on eBay and manages to keep a 100% positive feedback rating. You also have to consider the kind of people you'll have buying your stuff. Electronics are EASY to try scamming people with given their nature. Try buying more stuff off of there from well established sellers.

Also, good luck getting an honest person to pay with something other than PayPal. It's more convenient for them than mailing a check or money order, or calling up with their credit card info, and more secure.

Also, good luck getting an honest person to pay with something other than PayPal. It's more convenient for them than mailing a check or money order, or calling up with their credit card info, and more secure.

This is why craigslist in local and close larger metro areas is great, cash same day.

even paypal anymore has an enourmous amount of phising, even with new/current items posted on places like craigslist.

nothing beats cash.

This is why craigslist in local and close larger metro areas is great, cash same day.

even paypal anymore has an enourmous amount of phising, even with new/current items posted on places like craigslist.

nothing beats cash.

What about gold? :P

What about:

Guns

Gas

Kittens

Blood

Orpan's Organs

and 3rd world countries?

unless your J.B. wentworth :lol:

What about:

Guns*

Gas ( you must live around california)

Kittens

Blood

Orpan's Organs

and 3rd world countries?

Guns* (get robbed with the gun your trading for, lets not make this into a tense battle deal :lol:)

Kittens - currency of the future , as the millions of cats pile up in the alleys/streets they will be more logical and cute than gold.

Orphans Organs - always handy

nothing beats cash.

I agree with that. I sometimes use eBay as craigslist for some larger items. If the person's local, I'll contact them and make an offer to pick it up with cash in hand.