Ebay Sucks

road-runner

I actually figured the guy was going to say its DOA and try to make a claim and bend me over the way he was acting from the start, well so much for my first ebay selling experience...

yesterday i bought an old socket 370 1ghz pent for a bud using the "buy it now" option...nowhere in the description did anyone indicate that the cpu was being shipped from china via slow boat and delivery would be 17-20 days....$3.00 for the proc and $2 for shipping LOL :lol:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RR...

this is the SAME exact reason I quit selling on Ebay...low or no feeback and they hold funds....any item sold over 100.00 they can hold funds... and random items they hold funds...

No get this....Ebay says the payment is CLEAR once it hits your paypal and you MUST ship it...even though there is a hold on it...it is deemed CLEARED....I wont ship anything until payment is cleared...

my last sale went into dispute over this....I refused to ship it until it was cleared...I waited the 21 days and then shipped it...

I personally called Ebay several times the last time...the guy on the phone said it was an issue with fraud as to why they changed the rules but it seems they made it more in favor of the buyer and nothing to protect the seller...hence the reason you cannot leave negative feedback if you sell...how is this fair...? you get a jackass that messes you around on paying and you cant leave fair feedback...?

I was also told they have over 7 million transactions at any given time and almost half of those are fraudulent sales....

I avoid them like the plague

This happened to me when I sold a pair of $2,000 B&W speakers on eBay. PayPal held the funds and said it was because it was such a large transaction. I had to fight with them for hours just for them to release enough for me to ship the speakers out. After that I had to send in all the tracking info for my last 10 eBay deals and wait for the buyer to say all was good. Luckily in my case the buyer posted feedback as soon as he got the speakers, but it was a pain in the butt and since then I have only used PayPal for small transactions. I do still use eBay if I come across some socket 939 stuff, because people pay crazy prices for it, but that is rare anymore.

Edited by jlqrb

Yea I agree that in the last couple years Ebay and Paypal both have went down the crapper. They are still great for buyers but at the same time they are terrible for sellers.

E-bay and Paypal both suck bigtime--it's all about the buyer-as a seller you get shafted

You guys must have really crappy buyers then <_<

For the most part my deals have been really good on eBay. I mainly just hate the fees they charge. You get charged for entering the item, then you get charged for selling the item, then you get charged a PayPal fee and then (for me at least) shipping was always more than I charged. I can make more money, most of the time from selling on Craigslist and avoid shipping. Also, eBay and PayPal are the same company, so you are getting charged like crazy and a large percentage of you sale is going to them and they did nothing.

I've had 500+ Ebay transactions and only one problem for which Paypal refunded me in full, perhaps I've been lucky?

Cheers

Paul

Ditto, except only 95 :P. I have had little problems here and there but nothing that hasn't been resolved.