Ebay Sucks

road-runner

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly this is one of the reasons why i've avoided selling on ebay like the plague. I'm more than happy to wait a little longer to sell something on craigslist or the forums than deal with ebay's BS.

Same thing happened to my roommate when he tried to sell a copy of Vista. The guy claimed that someone stole if from his mailbox, installed it, and put it back. They wouldn't give my roommate his money and he requested the Vista back. The guy sent him a DVD of Point Break and my roommate got his money.

Same thing happened to my roommate when he tried to sell a copy of Vista. The guy claimed that someone stole if from his mailbox, installed it, and put it back. They wouldn't give my roommate his money and he requested the Vista back. The guy sent him a DVD of Point Break and my roommate got his money.

lol thats hilarious

Called them and they released it... :)

Ok whats the point of this? That was pretty obvious, you were gonna get your money either way no matter what that guy was trying to say.

Its a simple problem that was solved in what, a few days? And Paypal never gives you your money right away, you gotta wait a bit...

Only Ebay fail is the fees

Edited by Krieg1337

Ok whats the point of this? That was pretty obvious, you were gonna get your money either way no matter what that guy was trying to say.

Its a simple problem that was solved in what, a few days? And Paypal never gives you your money right away, you gotta wait a bit...

How is it pretty obvious I was going to get my money? It was pretty obvious to me I was fixing to get scammed the way the guy was acting and acted, I got lucky and you can believe it wont happen again...

well RR I think you lucked out ( thank God) my gf had her paypal account hacked and they almost sent some guy 1500 dollars

she closed the account and transfered the funds out

then a few dollrs came in and paypal wont send the 3 or 4 bucks they say they arent a bank

we thought it was an employee actually never could prove it though

glad you got your bucks :D

Edited by sdy284
:glare: PM'd

Decided to try ebay for selling a few things. Put the TWKR on there for 500.00 for 7 days and nothing, re listed it for 300.00 with (no returns and used item). Had 3 or 4 bids high bidder $365, I send the invoice right after it ended, a couple days latter the guy responded saying is this a scam and demanding photos of me holding the cpu, so I comply and send some photos. We exchange a few emails, I told him my heatware and my user name on all the forums road-runner, linked him to my thread that I posted here on it when I tried the cpu. The guys says he frequents here reading but is not a registered member.

After about 2 days he sends payment, I ship it immediately like I always do when paid, when I saw it was delivered I asked for feedback as quick as possible so I can get my money because paypal/ebay is holding it until feedback is submitted. He says he cant do that until he test it and his motherboard just died so he cant test it. This morning I get an email asking me saying if he submits feedback can he return it if its DOA. I told him its not DOA unless he kills it and no I dont want it back, I am selling it cause I need money. Now I have to wait who knows how long to get my .ing money.

I have read stories about people sending hardware to buyers on ebay and they dont submit feedback and use the hardware and kill it, then file a dispute at the end of the 21 days wanting there money back. Man ebay sucks, never again...

As a rule of thumb I never sell computer hardware on ebay. I always try to sell it here first. I stopped selling hardware when they implemented all those new policies. The buyer definitely gets the benefits on ebay these days.