Sign in to follow this  
road-runner

Ebay Sucks

Decided to try ebay for selling a few things. Put the TWKR on there for 500.00 for 7 days and nothing, re listed it for 300.00 with (no returns and used item). Had 3 or 4 bids high bidder $365, I send the invoice right after it ended, a couple days latter the guy responded saying is this a scam and demanding photos of me holding the cpu, so I comply and send some photos. We exchange a few emails, I told him my heatware and my user name on all the forums road-runner, linked him to my thread that I posted here on it when I tried the cpu. The guys says he frequents here reading but is not a registered member.

After about 2 days he sends payment, I ship it immediately like I always do when paid, when I saw it was delivered I asked for feedback as quick as possible so I can get my money because paypal/ebay is holding it until feedback is submitted. He says he cant do that until he test it and his motherboard just died so he cant test it. This morning I get an email asking me saying if he submits feedback can he return it if its DOA. I told him its not DOA unless he kills it and no I dont want it back, I am selling it cause I need money. Now I have to wait who knows how long to get my .ing money.

I have read stories about people sending hardware to buyers on ebay and they dont submit feedback and use the hardware and kill it, then file a dispute at the end of the 21 days wanting there money back. Man ebay sucks, never again...

Edited by road-runner

WTF are you talking about

you can accept any form of payment you wish

stop being lazy and verify your paypal account

ask for a money order if you want to get around whatever policy they have now for new people trying to sell something

of course, if people see you only take money orders and you have no feedback they will not bid

I dont know what a TKRW is, but you need to have good timing or some kind of plan when you list expensive things on ebay

not many people check ebay often now-a-days

WTF are you talking about

you can accept any form of payment you wish

stop being lazy and verify your paypal account

ask for a money order if you want to get around whatever policy they have now for new people trying to sell something

of course, if people see you only take money orders and you have no feedback they will not bid

I dont know what a TKRW is, but you need to have good timing or some kind of plan when you list expensive things on ebay

not many people check ebay often now-a-days

I am not lazy you .ing idiot my account is verified, he wont leave feedback so paypal will release the money because he has no way to test it you .ing moron. Try reading before you engage that pea sized piece of a brain...

Edited by road-runner

RR, I feel your pain. I feel like the buyer is trying to scam you big time. I wouldn't be surprised if he does exactly what you are speculating. Also, where's the Grammar Police when you need them? Potato is all over the place. Learn how to write.

Edited by UkJenT

Lol at this thread, but sounds like a bummer :(.

To potato, I think he means the TWKR, which is that super special AMD chip (that's worth ALOT of money). In which case the buyer who received it is a tool and should just accept the assuredly working chip then send the feedback. RR did nothing wrong, that buyer is a fool for thinking he got a bad deal.

I hope this works out for you RR, ebay's a good place. Idk why you seem to get all the bad experiences there :closedeyes:

I know RR's good for his sold items, I bought that video card off em and it came packed professionally and worked like a top!

Is this a new eBay/Paypal policy?

It seems to me that the last time I had a Paypal transaction via an eBay sale that my funds were transferred from my Paypal account to my regular banking account without any issues and without the buyer having given feedback yet.

Guess I better go read up on the legal notices......

It seems to me that the last time I had a Paypal transaction via an eBay sale that my funds were transferred from my Paypal account to my regular banking account without any issues and without the buyer having given feedback yet.

Yeah for me it's not about the feedback, but usually Paypal holds onto my money until it reaches the day the item should have arrived. (so if one used a faster shipping medium than was told, it won't be released until the system assumes it's there)

Yea they hold it 21 days or longer unless postive feedback is given...

I am not lazy you .ing idiot my account is verified, he wont leave feedback so paypal will release the money because he has no way to test it you .ing moron. Try reading before you engage that pea sized piece of a brain...

+1....Road Runner you are AWESOME

Sorry to hear about the scammer, Have you called paypal about it?

+1....Road Runner you are AWESOME

Sorry to hear about the scammer, Have you called paypal about it?

Not yet...

Yea I agree that in the last couple years Ebay and Paypal both have went down the crapper. They are still great for buyers but at the same time they are terrible for sellers.