New i5, motherboard, and RAM

Gentlemen (and ladies) :)

I'm upgrading to an i5 750, but more importantly, I'm looking for feedback on the motherboard and RAM.

I can't seem to find an official review for the life of me for the Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3. The only thing I was able to find out about this board was the PCI-E lane speed limitation when using two graphic cards. This isn't exactly a big deal for me as I don't have plans to use two graphic cards. I didn't even use SLI on my current P5N32-E SLI.

Anyway, could anyone tell me a little bit more about this board? I'm looking for the best overclocking potential, stability, and reliability. I've always been an ASUS guy, as I've had great success with their boards, however, I've heard some great things about Gigabyte as of late, which is why I am considering a GB board.

As far as the memory is concerned, I've read people having great success with the G.Skill Ripjaw series ram with the predecessor of this board. However, I'm not entirely sure WHICH Ripjaw version people are using to achieve excellent clock speeds.

My budget is about $500 Canadian dollars for the CPU/RAM/MOBO.

Cheers guys!

Gentlemen (and ladies) :)

I can't seem to find an official review for the life of me for the Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3. The only thing I was able to find out about this board was the PCI-E lane speed limitation when using two graphic cards. This isn't exactly a big deal for me as I don't have plans to use two graphic cards. I didn't even use SLI on my current P5N32-E SLI.

AFAIK this is a limitation on all p55/1156 boards because there are only 16 PCI-e lanes controller onboard the CPU

The limitation here may be due to the USB 3.0 ports.. It wouldn't affect the graphics performance significantly, if it ever does. SATA 3.0 is a little tricky as it significantly affects Crossfire/SLI and since this board doesn't have it, not an issue..

Select a DDR3 1600 MHz, CL9 or lower, GSkill or Corsair or a trusted brand after reading a couple of reviews.. RAM performance doesn't really vary with mobos.. A good stick will always stay so..

I'd suggest you go for a Phenom II setup with 890GX mobo.. What is the rest of your setup?