Possible Battlefield Bad Company 2 server?

Guest ajmatson

Guest ajmatson

I was considering getting a 32 slots BFBC2 server for me and OCC members to have a pace to play on and have fun with. I am tired of playing on servers with hackers and cheats and this would give us the opportunity to control those noobs and have some fun games.

If I do I would not be able to afford to keep it going on my own so I would need the help of donations from OCC members that enjoy it as well. If I get enough people to commit to helping keep it going I will set it up with a server company that accepts the donations directly so that you know it is going to the server and not my pocket :)

I estimate it would be about $45 a month for the 32 slots sever and OCC already has a voice server so we would be set. If you are interested let me know here and if you would be willing to donate to help keeping it going and if so I will set one up quickly for us.

:)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IDK man. We had OCC servers in the past and I don't think they were ever full or active most of the time. We did play on them, but it just wasn't like that log on anytime and there would be someone in it kind of deal.

Edited by Krazyxazn

he's right. I ran the OCC CSS server and it was hit and miss for actually playing with OCC Members. The server would have to be public for one, that way it just wouldn't be two people running around waiting for others to join. Second you'd have to go with a reputable server company.

I think it'd be cool as hell if you got one up and running though (even tho i don't have the game yet)

Guest ajmatson

Yea I know it is a long shot that is why I put it out there. I am just so sick of paying $50+ for a game and not being able to play the full potential because of noob hacking cheaters. I have had BFBC2 since the beta and it seems like punkbuster and steam have let us down with automatic cheats. I mean every server I get on has people that have played for a total of one hour but have already ranked and have all of the unlocks. No servers are ever balanced and it is a smear fest. Oh well though. :)

J/w are there no admins in this game?

You should be able to get one of the admins to ban the player, and once you find an admin willing to do that, just add that server to your favorites.

There are admins in this game, but no in-game console. So they have to do everything outside of the game in a different software. I was fortunate enough to play in a server that had one on.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Might have to wait anyway. I just copied this from gamesrvers.com "As requested by DICE/EA, we have temporarily suspended BC2 orders. We will notify you in the members area when we have received the OK to take new BC2 orders."

My reccomendation would be to find a friendly clan and get in with whoever manages the server. I don't know much about how bc2 multiplayer hosting works, but I'm sure on a clan server it would be easy to kick hackers.

Guest ajmatson
Well my clan has a server of their own for BC2. 32 players and ranked. I am sure the leader would let OCC use it.

Is it a Public server? Whats the IP I for one would love to play with you guys.