Crysis 2 - Official

InCrYsIs

Looks good, but thats not going to matter if it is another too short game with watered down gameplay.

Too short and watered down gameplay? I think you might be confusing it for MW2. :P

I personally probably spent over 20 hours playing crysis and probably another 10 on crysis warhead, and while that isn't the same as the 48 I spent on mass effect, I would say 30 hours is pretty good for an FPS, especially considering how long most other FPS campaign are these days, I mean MW2 was like 3 hours long, that's terrible. Not sure what you mean by watered down gameplay though, I never once got that feeling from it.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too short and watered down gameplay? I think you might be confusing it for MW2. :P

I personally probably spent over 20 hours playing crysis and probably another 10 on crysis warhead, and while that isn't the same as the 48 I spent on mass effect, I would say 30 hours is pretty good for an FPS, especially considering how long most other FPS campaign are these days, I mean MW2 was like 3 hours long, that's terrible. Not sure what you mean by watered down gameplay though, I never once got that feeling from it.

Absolutely. The game had plenty of gameplay and even on normal it was a pretty tough game. I spent as much time on Crysis and warhead as some RPGs. I hope they spend the appropriate amount of time and release it right. Looking forward to this in a big way. Unfortunately there probably won't be Koreans running around yelling at me. (pretty funny imo)

:withstupid:

I haven't played Crysis yet (just the demo), but I agree with deathmineral's assessment. You can't compare the length of FPSs to that of RPGs and RTSs. IIRC, it took me about 20 hours to beat Half-Life 2 (on the hardest difficulty), arguably the best single-player FPS to date. It took me less than 20 hours to beat F.E.A.R. In fact, the only pure single-player FPS that took me over 20ish hours was the original Far Cry.

(I don't recall how long the original Half-Life took me...that was too long ago :lol:)

Lol it was never compared to any RPG or anything. Crysis was around 18 hrs, not tooooo bad for an FPS, but warhead was like 8 hours!!! Don't get me wrong, I played both through to the end and enjoyed myself, but the gameplay was not that great for all the hype.

Crysis was fun, but to be honest with myself Warhead was not worth my money and I regretted purchasing it.

I'll still get Crysis 2, and I'll still play it till its done either way, I just hope it is at least a little longer then the first one with a good storyline and more importantly fun gameplay.

Lol it was never compared to any RPG or anything. Crysis was around 18 hrs, not tooooo bad for an FPS, but warhead was like 8 hours!!! Don't get me wrong, I played both through to the end and enjoyed myself, but the gameplay was not that great for all the hype.

Crysis was fun, but to be honest with myself Warhead was not worth my money and I regretted purchasing it.

I'll still get Crysis 2, and I'll still play it till its done either way, I just hope it is at least a little longer then the first one with a good storyline and more importantly fun gameplay.

Warhead was 29.99. I thought that was fair for the amount of game play. I have a feeling more 60 dollar games are coming.

Even 8 hours is good for an FPS I think, and I think the thing that sold warhead was crysis wars and not warhead itself, unfortunately crysis wars was a major disappointment for me, but I think that has more to do with me than it, I suck at managing the suit's abilities and recognizing cloaked enemies, just wasn't for me.

Edited by Deathmineral

Wasn't Gay-lo 3 like 8 hours of gameplay (or less) and full price?? Warhead (I think I bought it cheap on Steam, I forget) was more interesting than Crysis for the most part since there was more

alien

fighting than just fighting all koreans, which have some of the worst combat AI I've ever seen. (I play on Delta difficulty)

Wasn't Gay-lo 3 like 8 hours of gameplay (or less) and full price?? Warhead (I think I bought it cheap on Steam, I forget) was more interesting than Crysis for the most part since there was more

alien

fighting than just fighting all koreans, which have some of the worst combat AI I've ever seen. (I play on Delta difficulty)

Gay-lo? Should probably rename that . to Chadwarden

I found Crysis really fun as you could either go sneaky at the beginning or just go in killing everything(Although that was hard, even on normal!). I found it fun to combine both, I would sneak around but take out almost every patrol(Cloak, shoot the random guy in the back, cloak move, rinse and repeat :)) So you could easily play this game more than once since you can always play it differently.

Hmm combat in a city, sounds like fun :)

You guys do know that Cryengine 2 only showed us a mere upskirt of what it's capable of, you need to get into the nitty gritty ini's and tweak them because The 'Enthusisat' or 'Very High' settings arn't as far as it goes. I currently have my crysis running arround 30-40% slower then if it were on Enthusiast because of all the ini Tweaks and adding high res Textures and such, Check out the Topic i made a while ago if you guys want to give it a try, its not that hard and you can have the game looking Stunning (i mean sometimes it just felt REAL! :O ) Also id suggest playing the game on hardest difficulty because it adds a whole new level of excitement :)

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.p...howtopic=172883

Not too sure about crysis 2 being based in a metropolis, i think that was a desicion to help level out the difference between the PC and consoles (despite what crytec say in interviews) it makes there far fewer ways to go about doing things on the field, almost forces you into a linear style of play, Fair enough you have the ability to climb up buildings and fight on rooftops ect.. thats nothing new we already have plenty of games that can do that. I just want to know what happens to prophet,nomad and psyco and want a thrilling story which wraps up all those lose ends the 1st game (+warhead) left us with.

Edited by SenitaL

You guys do know that Cryengine 2 only showed us a mere upskirt of what it's capable of, you need to get into the nitty gritty ini's and tweak them because The 'Enthusisat' or 'Very High' settings arn't as far as it goes. I currently have my crysis running arround 30-40% slower then if it were on Enthusiast because of all the ini Tweaks and adding high res Textures and such, Check out the Topic i made a while ago if you guys want to give it a try, its not that hard and you can have the game looking Stunning (i mean sometimes it just felt REAL! :O ) Also id suggest playing the game on hardest difficulty because it adds a whole new level of excitement :)

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.p...howtopic=172883

Not too sure about crysis 2 being based in a metropolis, i think that was a desicion to help level out the difference between the PC and consoles (despite what crytec say in interviews) it makes there far fewer ways to go about doing things on the field, almost forces you into a linear style of play, Fair enough you have the ability to climb up buildings and fight on rooftops ect.. thats nothing new we already have plenty of games that can do that. I just want to know what happens to prophet,nomad and psyco and want a thrilling story which wraps up all those lose ends the 1st game (+warhead) left us with.

This.

Crysis has, without a doubt, the most versatile engine next to Source and Unreal. CryEngine 2 is under-appreciated because they advertised how it is cosmetically instead of technically. You can literally do ANYTHING with that engine. It's brilliant. People have made entire campaigns with the developer tools Crytek released. And yes, you can make the game look tons better and run slower or marginally better and run up to 20% better. I get 30FPS on Max Settings with my 8800GT 256MB using a custom config. And it looks better than the stock setting 'Very High.'

I LOVED the gameplay for Warhead. But the original was a little slow-paced. Warhead was also short, though. It was a bit of a tradeoff. Either way, I adore the series. I've been an FPS person since I could use a mouse. I remember kicking butt at Duke Nukem' when I was like, 10. It's in mah bloooood. So of course I'm looking forward to Crysis 2.

As well as the fact that since it's also coming out on consoles? There should be PLENTY more optimization on PC's this time around. Theoretically, it should run better than the original Crysis while looking a lot better as well.

Yay for no compromise!