Crysis 2 - Official

InCrYsIs

Well by the looks of the screenshots, this game will probably crush your video card like the first one did.

Edited by InCrYsIs

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently,they have 'optimized' the game engine so it will run much better(there will be console versions afterall),but ive heard that a thousand time before.Anyways,im getting it for 360 for the acheivements,and also on PC for the better gfx.Might need to do a few upgrades though!

Apparently,they have 'optimized' the game engine so it will run much better(there will be console versions afterall),but ive heard that a thousand time before.Anyways,im getting it for 360 for the acheivements,and also on PC for the better gfx.Might need to do a few upgrades though!
The "problem" with Crysis was that Crytek created these ultra high settings for the purpose of future-proofing the game, but people didn't understand that. Gamers with high-end PCs expect to be able to max their games...they didn't understand the concept of a developer putting in settings that no current (at the time) hardware could handle. So what sounded like a good concept became a publicity nightmare.

They're not "making that same mistake again" with CryEngine3, which is why they're saying it'll be more accessible. It's not really that it's more optimized as much as them simply not striving to put in settings that only future hardware could run.

As for the console versions, preliminary demos show the graphics in CE3 being worse than CE2 on the PC. So even though it's a new engine, as is the norm, the consoles require it to be scaled back compared to what we should get on the PC version.

I think my card can max this game out at 565x314 with 8xAA no sweat....that is if these screenshots prove to accurately represent the game ;)
:lol:

PS. I still haven't played Crysis, despite initially building this PC for it, and despite owning it. It's on my schedule after I beat Mass Effect :lol:

I think my card can max this game out at 565x314 with 8xAA no sweat....that is if these screenshots prove to accurately represent the game ;)

That's a rather specific resolution =P Not a good sign IVI.

Though you have a 4870x2 right? My 5850 could play at 1920 by 1080 smoothly enough on Ultra high with 8xAA on Crysis :P I doubt you'll have that much of an issue

The "problem" with Crysis was that Crytek created these ultra high settings for the purpose of future-proofing the game, but people didn't understand that. Gamers with high-end PCs expect to be able to max their games...they didn't understand the concept of a developer putting in settings that no current (at the time) hardware could handle. So what sounded like a good concept became a publicity nightmare.

They're not "making that same mistake again" with CryEngine3, which is why they're saying it'll be more accessible. It's not really that it's more optimized as much as them simply not striving to put in settings that only future hardware could run.

As for the console versions, preliminary demos show the graphics in CE3 being worse than CE2 on the PC. So even though it's a new engine, as is the norm, the consoles require it to be scaled back compared to what we should get on the PC version.

:lol:

PS. I still haven't played Crysis, despite initially building this PC for it, and despite owning it. It's on my schedule after I beat Mass Effect :lol:

Yeah I beat Crysis years back with my 8800GTX, and Mass Effect I beat fairly recently.

It's an ok game, still wouldn't say it's OUTSTANDING just another decent FPS. (I liked the *twist* they threw in, since I didn't know about it)

That's a rather specific resolution =P Not a good sign IVI.

Though you have a 4870x2 right? My 5850 could play at 1920 by 1080 smoothly enough on Ultra high with 8xAA on Crysis :P I doubt you'll have that much of an issue

DOH!! My joke went right over your head (hint, it involves the screenshots)

I think Clay got it?

I think everyone probably got the joke other than Danrik. lol

Have to agree though, when I saw these screenshots on another site I was kind of disappointed that it didn't lead back to anything with real size to it.

I think everyone probably got the joke other than Danrik. lol

Have to agree though, when I saw these screenshots on another site I was kind of disappointed that it didn't lead back to anything with real size to it.

*Feels pretty damn dumb*

They look pretty cartoony to me. Especially the nanosuit, doesn't seem as realistic as it could be I suppose. Don't get me wrong, it looks great, just a little on the cartoony side to me.