Crysis 2 - Official

InCrYsIs

As well as the fact that since it's also coming out on consoles? There should be PLENTY more optimization on PC's this time around. Theoretically, it should run better than the original Crysis while looking a lot better as well.

Yay for no compromise!

I'm hoping so, but when it comes to developing for PC and Consoles, we just get a crappy port.

Crysis 1 was on PC exclusively so I'm hoping this isn't the case, but the fact it's being released on consoles will only mean their graphics are going to be marginally as good as ours were on 1. Not to mention there are games already released that have pushed the consoles to their limits (looking at the Xbox here). The Xbox release will require LOADS of dumbing down, and probably disabling a lot of the eye candy effects. The PS3 will require a lot of work getting it to mould to the PS3's cell processor, but will probably look amazing if they do, and then you have the PC which can do everything, but will probably recieve a port. Some ports are good, but some are shocking!

I'm hoping this port will be exceptional due to Crysis' roots coming from PC gaming, but I can't hold out as much hope as I'd like. Only time will tell though.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is crysis 2 being developed for first anyway? I assumed it was either PC or PS3 but I've never seen any info on it.

It's more of a simultaneous development (and thus why calling any version a "port" is not accurate). Of course, over time, things may cause certain versions to take longer than others (eg. features in the PC version that won't be in the console versions, such as DX10 stuff), but whether they'll allow that to affect the release dates of all versions or stagger the release dates, who knows.

It's more of a simultaneous development (and thus why calling any version a "port" is not accurate). Of course, over time, things may cause certain versions to take longer than others (eg. features in the PC version that won't be in the console versions, such as DX10 stuff), but whether they'll allow that to affect the release dates of all versions or stagger the release dates, who knows.

Ah well that's fairly welcome news :)

Full Article at Kotaku

Sounds like a treat so far :D Also nice to see the PC is still considered "The Flagship" version, considering the graphics shown so far are for the console versions :P

EDIT: That facial animation looks amazing O.o Holy cow

EDITEDIT: Crysis 2 High Def Screenshots in Abundance!

Edited by Danrik

That game is the reason I am going to attempt to get twin 5970s :P

Haha :D I have a single 5850 giving me some nice framerates at the moment at Very High on Crysis, so here's to hoping that CryEngine3 isn't too much of a beast ^_^

Of course I have some nice overclocking headroom ;D Still got a lot of life in this Baby. I love it.

Think Crysis 2 might be a contender for GOTY? :D

Looks amazing, I just hope there is a little more to the destructible environments than just shooting out windows though, because if that's the only thing I can destroy myself then I will be a little disappointed.

Crysis 2 System Requirements Lowered by Crytek

Excellent news if you ask me! I'm guessing this was made possible due to the lack of flora. I know that the grass in Oblivion used to make my old old card scream in agony. Not to mention engine optimizations, complaining fanbase, etc.

And still they claim it will look loads better, and from that video demo, I'm holding them to that :D

Edited by Danrik

Full Article at Kotaku

Sounds like a treat so far :D Also nice to see the PC is still considered "The Flagship" version, considering the graphics shown so far are for the console versions :P

EDIT: That facial animation looks amazing O.o Holy cow

EDITEDIT: Crysis 2 High Def Screenshots in Abundance!

i'd buy that...!!

the game has crap graphics on the console everything is boxy expect in the last scene when that guy come that was a cutscene thats y the graphics looked a bit better, this game on the ps3 and xbox 360 look more crap that crysis warhead on the pc