IE8

wormy

OK Ive been working on a friends computer because when we use IE8 its restarts after a few minutes, we can browse all day long with Chrome and FF, we have all updates Ive checked all voltages in bios, even removed the small OC, He is running a Phenom II 955BE, Biostar TA790GXE, G Skill F2-8500CL5-2GBPK which is 4 gb total, HIS HD 4670 ICEQ, has a PC-power and Cooling Silencer 750. Like i said Ive tried everything at stock and with the OC which has been stable with OCCT and Prime for over 12 hours, anyone have any suggestions? I'm out of ideas! :blink:

Edited by wormy

you can just remove ie8 entirely. then it'll work like it's supposed to, without ie8 :P

on a more helpful note: try to see if his ie8 has picked up any nasty denial of service malware with spybot s&d/ad-aware or something similar.

Edited by PruritusAni

Sorry I'm so frustrated with it i forgot to mention that he is running Win7 Ultimate, and I checked and he has all updates and such. Well I looked in to removing IE8 and reinstalling it but Win7 is shipped with it and you cant remove it at all other than to disable it.

Edited by wormy

IE8 does NOT just uninstall, even if you updated from IE6 or IE7 as I found out last week when I built my new one. I could uninstall the updates through the Add/Remove programs section, but not IE8 itself.

This was my problem and Bosco had a possible fix and it worked perfectly.

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.p...howtopic=173431

I'm thinking a 3rd party add-on may be the problem with yours. Once you do this, you'll restart the PC and the first time you use IE8 again, you'll have to set it up. I don't allow anything to run other than the Compatibility view and the Smart Screen Filter. No accellerators, to accellerator updates, etc...

It's worked well for me

Well looks like we narrowed it down to a corrupt flash player plugin, I didn't realize it but it was doing it on pages that had flash on them for the most part. Everything seems to be running good as of now.