Want to drop a few degrees..

R1P5AW

Here's the highest temps I got in all my stress testing:

4427948940_73e90fc428_b.jpg

I remember reading 79 is the highest you want to go. Is this true on an i7 920?

If so, or even not, I don't want to be running these temps. I'm thinking of getting Gentle Typhoon AP-15s for the H50 radiator hopefully that will cut a few degrees?

Also I'm using the pre-applied TIM-if I applied AS5 or OCZ freeze would I see in temp decreases?

All input is appreciated!

I don't suggest modding the H50, as it is a self-contained unit that does not need cleaning. It's not made for swapping the radiator. If you cut the hoses you will have a hard time putting them back together and you will have to periodically clean the system as it will be contaminated. You would also have to add either a reservoir or a T-line to the loop to avoid air bubbles going through the loop.

If you want to get into WC that way, I suggest you sell your H50 and buy an entire loop. I would definitely look here.

Good luck :)

I don't suggest modding the H50, as it is a self-contained unit that does not need cleaning. It's not made for swapping the radiator. If you cut the hoses you will have a hard time putting them back together and you will have to periodically clean the system as it will be contaminated. You would also have to add either a reservoir or a T-line to the loop to avoid air bubbles going through the loop.

If you want to get into WC that way, I suggest you sell your H50 and buy an entire loop. I would definitely look here.

Good luck :)

No I didn't want to change the rad or cut the lines. I was thinking of just changing the push pull fans on it :)

well you can always do that :) just make sure the airflow is going the same way or your going to lose some performance.

it prob couldnt hurt to find out the CFM of the fan, sometimes rad's depending how they are built, are more suitable for low speed CFM. Some are the exact opposite with high speed CFM

No I didn't want to change the rad or cut the lines. I was thinking of just changing the push pull fans on it :)

Oh, my bad. In this case, I would get a 38mm thick fan. These blow lots of air while staying silent. :)

Well this one's not very silent but it should offer a pretty awesome performance. You could always plug it on the 5V instead for daily usage. That would make it spin much less faster.

Edited by The Smith

You can always LAP the CPU ! :) it's not a crazy drop but it got me that 4ghz on the Q6600

ill be doing it to this cpu once i get my wc gear, i doubt within 6 days the rad will be sold so im just going to use it again :) it did me so well in the past

Honestly, bro, those temps are not bad at all. Not sure you have too much lower to go with the H50. Could try lapping, as others have suggested, but like I said, I don't think those temps are bad at all.

Honestly, bro, those temps are not bad at all. Not sure you have too much lower to go with the H50. Could try lapping, as others have suggested, but like I said, I don't think those temps are bad at all.

Yea max 79 just freaks me out a little bit. Rather spend a few bucks and keep 'em down for piece of mind :thumbs-up:

Remember you will never get those temps other than stability testing basicially. nothing ever gets 100% cpu usage across all cores.. How much farther do you plan on taking it? :)

Er, 79, I must have misunderstood. Yah, I'd try to drop that a little myself. Not dangerous for the chip as far as a know but coming from Core 2's it'd make me nervous, too, so I know what you mean. Good luck in your endeavor.

Edit: I say I misunderstood, I should say I'm incapable of looking at a picture. Sometimes my intelligence (or lack thereof, usually) baffles me.

Edited by Bizzlenitch