R1P5AW

What's your go-to brand?

I think brands I like outweigh the brands I don't.

For cases I am a big fan of Thermaltake and Coolermaster.

For Memory I love Mushkin, Corsair and Patriot, and OCZ.

Harddrives - Seagate

PSU's, Thermaltake, Mushkin, OCZ, Antec, Corsair I like alot of them.

Boards, MSI, Gigabyte and Asus.

I go for price/performance. So I don't have a hardware brand. I do however stick to Newegg the majority of the time. It just has a nice interface :D Unlike the maze Amazon offers :P.

EDIT:

Ah I thought of one. EVGA if I ever buy a Nvidia card. I just love their warranties :D

Edited by Krazyxazn

I like crucial, corsair, evga, and gigabyte.

I tend to avoid AMD, maxtor, and crappy motherboard brands.

Gigabyte for motherboards (usually), eVGA for video cards, and G.Skill for ram. This is all based on my previous builds. I honestly wouldn't even touch ASUS with a ten foot poll.

Ahh yes, I forgot about the Asus bit, I agree there!

Ah I thought of one. EVGA if I ever buy a Nvidia card. I just love their warranties :D

Also agree here, EVGA has been very good to me on warranty, so if I should get another NVIDIA card, it'll be EVGA!

I'm a "Bang-For-The-Buck" kind of guy, although I'll usually lean towards certain brands due to their customer service, warranty, and No-BS approach to their products. I also look into reviews and see if I really want to tackle an item that has multiple bad reviews from reputible sources. The times I go on a whim without looking into a product, I've been burned.

For PC related stuff:

CPU: I like to stick with Intel processors.

Motherboard: Gigabyte because of good customer service and helpful techs. (I avoid Asus due to past problems)

Memory: I've used MANY different brands and I've not really been loyal to one specific. The ones I've had the least problems with are Patriot, OCZ (although their rebate system sucks), Corsair, Kingston, and Supertalent. I'll usually go for the best price at the time I need it because they've all been good to me.

Graphics: Either ATI or Nvidia... Best Bang For The Buck at the moment I need/want a card

Audio: Creative Sound Blaster. I love the way they sound compared to other cards or audio, but their drivers and customer service has been questionable lately

Hard Drives: Seagate or Western Digital. Depends on which has the better rep at the moment I need a drive. I AVOID Maxtor at all costs because their customer service blows goats.

Power Supplies: I really have no preferences for the most part, but I don't go with the cheapo's. I've used Thermaltake, OCZ, Ultra, Antec, PC Power & Cooling and a few others with good luck, but recently Looking into the Corsairs with their FANTASTIC warranty coverage makes me think I'll be sticking with them. One manufacturer I can say to avoid is Xclio, because hetting ahold of their tech or warranty service is a pure headache. They have ZERO offices in the USA.

Cases: No preference really. I go for Durability, Features, Layout, and Airflow. Looks play a part, but i'm not a "bling bling" guy and I don't absolutely NEED the shiny, LED, Glowing, ubermega bestest thing out there. I do prefer having an accessible and OPEN front of the PC. I do NOT like doors and panels that need moving just to get to I/O ports or Rom drives.

Keyboards and Mice: I prefer Logitech. They have great products and top notch tech support/warranty replacement. I've had to call them 3 times total for issues regarding cordless mice crapping out, and without hesitation, they took my info and had me a NEW device in the mail within days and I never had to send them the defective one back. A+++ Customer Service!

Rom Drives: No preference really, but I've had the best luck with Samsung and Lite-On.

Speakers: I like a full sound. The speakers have to have decent low end as well as highs, but I don't go for pure volume. I'm a clarity person. Creatice Labs makes some good every-day use PC Speakers. I bought the Klipsch ProMedia 5.1's I have now only because I heard them at a friends house and was amazed. I looked at a few retailers and found that they were $400 at that time, so I looked on evilbay for about 2 weeks and monitored prices. A NEW set popped up at $199 Buy It Now with $25 shipping and I grabbed them. They still work flawlessly.

Edited by Rokkaholik

For Memory, CPUs, Motherboards, and Videocards I like whatever is the best I can afford. I could care less about brand.

For Cases, Heatsinks I like whatever I think looks cool, but it has to perform good.

For Keyboards and Mice I like whatever I think looks cool.

For HDD's I like Seagate.

The other parts I could care less about, as long as they work. (For this reason I've got a ton of IDE optical drives still running. :P)

For Memory, CPUs, Motherboards, and Videocards I like whatever is the best I can afford. I could care less about brand.

For Cases, Heatsinks I like whatever I think looks cool, but it has to perform good.

For Keyboards and Mice I like whatever I think looks cool.

For HDD's I like Seagate.

The other parts I could care less about, as long as they work. (For this reason I've got a ton of IDE optical drives still running. :P)

Want some more? :lol:

AMD for cpu's Athlon line mostly (yesterday I got my 440 x3)

Asus for motherboards, but I am considering going for the ECS black series 890gx board which would be my first non asus board

Seagate for HDD

Gskill for ram (got my rip jaws yesterday as well)

EDIT

ATI for cards but I do love my pny 7900 card

But If I see something better I will go for it.

Edited by nyuu

Hard Drives: Seagate or Western Digital. Depends on which has the better rep at the moment I need a drive. I AVOID Maxtor at all costs because their customer service blows goats.

Seagate owns maxtor :P