3 year old girl shoots herself with gun mistaken for wii remote

Avinexis

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone is going to kill themselves with their own fist? :blink: (Or did you mean Brass knuckles?, or whatever those things are called).

A baseball bat, ok a 3 year old will go pick it up and hit their own head hard enough to kill them? Again that just doesn't really work. Knives, yeah you got more of a chance of stabbing yourself and dieing but still not as dangerous as a gun.

A gun without safety, shoot yourself in the stomache and you have a good chance of dieing if no one is nearby.

A 3 year old must of course have common sense not to use a gun(That looks like a toy) and accidentally shoot itself, of course we must all be very smart and intelligent when we are 3 years old. :rolleyes: (As for the dad, yes he needs some common sense)

The point has once again flown well over your head...

The point has once again flown well over your head...

Lol, he typed pretty much what I typed, then I was like "Wait... That's not right..." I noticed my error at least. :lol:

I teach my 4 year old nephew about trigger discipline and only aiming at what you want to hit. (I'll graduate to saying "only aiming at what you want to kill" when he is a bit older)

Of course that wouldn't stop him from just picking up a gun and playing with it if one was left around.

The issue here is bad parenting for leaving a 3 year old by its self long enough for it to grab something it shouldn't and more importantly bad gun ownership for leaving a weapon at child height loaded OR unloaded...

Someone is going to kill themselves with their own fist? :blink: (Or did you mean Brass knuckles?, or whatever those things are called).

A baseball bat, ok a 3 year old will go pick it up and hit their own head hard enough to kill them? Again that just doesn't really work. Knives, yeah you got more of a chance of stabbing yourself and dieing but still not as dangerous as a gun.

A gun without safety, shoot yourself in the stomache and you have a good chance of dieing if no one is nearby.

A 3 year old must of course have common sense not to use a gun(That looks like a toy) and accidentally shoot itself, of course we must all be very smart and intelligent when we are 3 years old. :rolleyes: (As for the dad, yes he needs some common sense)

Comprehension fail!

Waco, of course it's the dads fault for leaving the gun there, but if it had had safety this wouldn't have happened. That's basically all I was getting at... and at the fact that my guns have safeties...

Comprehension fail!

Waco, of course it's the dads fault for leaving the gun there, but if it had had safety this wouldn't have happened. That's basically all I was getting at... and at the fact that my guns have safeties...

Not necessarily true. If he's too stupid to keep a loaded gun away from a 3 year old, who's to say he's smart enough to actually use the weapon's safety? You're assuming a lot here, especially of a person who has now been shown to lack very much, if any, common sense. :ph34r:

Someone who leaves a loaded gun lying on a table isn't very likely to take the time to engage the safety, I think that's a fairly safe assumption?

Though I'm wondering how a 3 year old managed that kind of trigger pull, while pointing the gun at herself. I wouldn't put such a family beyond Munchausen's via proxy, but that's for the detectives to handle.