Modular PSU

You don't have to get into this myth PCP&C is/was trying to push!

Taking electrical engineering classes made me get into the "myth" as you call it. :lol:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pressume you are after a fully modular unit including the motherboard connector?

I have already suggested the Ultra X4 range, have you had a look at them? They aren't the best of the best, but they are pretty good and will reliably run anything you can throw at them I'm sure. I would say however you don't need fully modular and you are already using one of the best modular power supplies at the moment, the Corsair HX series!

Cheers

Paul

Taking electrical engineering classes made me get into the "myth" as you call it. :lol:

Could do? ;) ... currently work in the electrical/electronic engineering field?

Cheers

Paul

ABS Tagan BZ series, I have the 750 watt one. Performs great, blue fan leds, depending on what you have plugged into the psu makes different led colors from the psu (where the power connections go) very silent.

I didn't disagree with you, I just stated that the very little difference it makes does not matter in this case. We're not powering a city here, just a few hundred watts.

ABS Tagan BZ series, I have the 750 watt one. Performs great, blue fan leds, depending on what you have plugged into the psu makes different led colors from the psu (where the power connections go) very silent.

not fully modualr...but very pretty.

I disagree! :P

:lol:

Did you ever try measuring the resistance between the connector panel of a PSU to a cable end? Would be interesting to see the difference between modular and not (if it's even measurable with an off-the-shelf DMM!)

Could do? ;) ... currently work in the electrical/electronic engineering field?

Cheers

Paul

Nah. I took more than a few of them in the process of getting my CompE degree. I still practice K.I.S.S. with all of my projects if I can...more complexity never helps anything. :lol:

I didn't disagree with you, I just stated that the very little difference it makes does not matter in this case. We're not powering a city here, just a few hundred watts.

Very little difference, I agree, but still more than I'm willing to cope with if I have the choice. :P