Corsair H50

R1P5AW

Since I can't go full WC'ing right now I'm looking for the best cooler for my i7 build.

What are your opinions on: Corsair H50, Noctua NH-D14 and Prolimatech Megahelms?

Thanks!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

If you don't want a huge monster hanging out of your motherboard get the H50, best price performance around.

You can cool the toasty Northbridge too.

Hope this helps,

Hi,

If you don't want a huge monster hanging out of your motherboard get the H50, best price performance around.

You can cool the toasty Northbridge too.

Hope this helps,

Thanks for the helpful info. So you're doing push/pull blowing out of the case?

Thanks for the helpful info. So you're doing push/pull blowing out of the case?

Yeah its blowing hot air out of the case, as an exhaust. I tested it as an intake but it was heating up all components, Northbridge +7 C and the Cores where +3 +4 C higher.

With the CM HAF 932 you should get pretty decent temps.

Edited by Nicckko

Yeah its blowing hot air out of the case, as an exhaust. I tested it as an intake but it was heating up all components, Northbridge +7 C and the Cores where +3 +4 C higher.

What case do you have ? The best way to set it up depends on the case.

HAF 932. I've seen many people mount it on the back as exhaust and some mount on the top in push/pull inside the case. I'll prob mount on the back as exhaust. If using only one fan at first is it better as push or pull in exhaust config?

Got nearly the same setup as you! Looks like he is using push pull outwards like i am. Was trying it the other way but couldnt optimize it for cooling other components so i went outwards

s6300602.jpg

HAF 932. I've seen many people mount it on the back as exhaust and some mount on the top in push/pull inside the case. I'll prob mount on the back as exhaust. If using only one fan at first is it better as push or pull in exhaust config?

Yeah Push/Pull performs better. My core Temps dropped like 6 C.

This fan is pulling http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16835103061 , the stock Corsair fan is pushing.

Got nearly the same setup as you! Looks like he is using push pull outwards like i am. Was trying it the other way but couldnt optimize it for cooling other components so i went outwards

s6300602.jpg

Sweet, what Video Card do you have there ?? seems tight :blink:hehehe

I have the H50 on my daughters machine pulling air out of the case. And it runs cooler with the top fan on low, and the front two fans running all out.

e6600 @3.9 EVGA 790i FTW 260 216 in sli 850 watt ps 500Gig hd in an ANTEC 902 case.

Edited by OwinC

I have mine pushing air in.My case is a antec 900 so it has a large fan on top sucking out any hot air, got fan on high.Temps at stock (2.5ghz)100% cpu usage don't go over 42c.At 4ghz it is at 62c.