Corsair H50

R1P5AW

Have "they" (the some that say) actually seen the bubbles or is this just speculation to ridicule and bash the H50?

By the way... I have my tubes on top but could have mounted the rad so that they would be at the bottom.

I've experience air bubbles with a regular setup from mounting a radiator upside down (air inside rad at the top)

- then i learned how to put stuff together :lol:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've experience air bubbles with a regular setup from mounting a radiator upside down (air inside rad at the top)

- then i learned how to put stuff together :lol:

You've experienced air bubbles because you had no experience at the time...

I hope that Azetek has their act together... if not just mount the damned thing with the hoses up!

I tested the LCLS on a giveaway a couple years ago and this is what the H50 is based on if I remember right. On the HD4870x2 I looked at from Sapphire it had the Asetec system with a full cover GPU cooler in the loop and it did well with it pulling air from in the case out. Of course if the iinternal temperature of the case is the same as outside it them I see no harm running it this way. The down side to using it to push air into the case is that you increase the temperatures of the installed components.

I tested the LCLS on a giveaway a couple years ago and this is what the H50 is based on if I remember right. On the HD4870x2 I looked at from Sapphire it had the Asetec system with a full cover GPU cooler in the loop and it did well with it pulling air from in the case out. Of course if the iinternal temperature of the case is the same as outside it them I see no harm running it this way. The down side to using it to push air into the case is that you increase the temperatures of the installed components.

That's true. Mounting in a 932 I'm going to do push/pull intake. I'm thinking with all the airflow in the case already and the 230mm fan right above it nothing should get too warm.

I've seen debate over mounting the radiator. Some say that mounting the tubes on the bottom will create air bubbles in the loop.

Any thoughts?

Pure FUD. It's a closed system. How will you "create" air bubbles in a closed loop? Mine are both mounted with the tubes at the bottom. They both work fine.

Pure FUD. It's a closed system. How will you "create" air bubbles in a closed loop? Mine are both mounted with the tubes at the bottom. They both work fine.

it can happen at the plant, all depends on how well they take care of production & assembly..

think of it as this, they only will care if it messes up the product,

so if a few air bubbles are in there, so what?

not like the purchaser can check.

to have faith in companies trying to make money with a bottom line product,

you shouldn't expect gold quality

it can happen at the plant, all depends on how well they take care of production & assembly..

think of it as this, they only will care if it messes up the product,

so if a few air bubbles are in there, so what?

not like the purchaser can check.

to have faith in companies trying to make money with a bottom line product,

you shouldn't expect gold quality

You don't have to expect gold quality! All you have to expect is a product that consistently meets its stated specification and the H50 seems to do just that! I'm pretty sure that Corsair do take care of production & assembly because if they didn't it would soon become apparent and they wouldn't be where they are today. There could very well be small, very small, air bubbles in the system but they are measurable and will be quality controlled so it shouldn't matter how its mounted, it's a closed loop system, and will meet its stated performance target, with the correct airflow through the radiator, wherever its mounted.

Cheers

Paul

I was bored today sitting around waiting for my mobo and ram to come by UPS so I called up Corsair. I spoke with Tech Support and they said it really doesn't matter which way you mount the radiator but it is important to "shake" the case when its initially running to move around the air bubbles and it will bleed itself.

Lol just interesting to hear tech support at a company like corsair to just say "Well give 'er a shakin you'll be alright"

EDIT: BTW I mounted it push/pull intake with tubes on top-just in case the shakin' didn't get it all! :lol:

Edited by R1P5AW