cpu bottleneck?

Ok so not only in lol but other games as well I seem to always have low fps. changing to low settings on games makes little to no difference. Here's my setup.

700w psu with plenty of amps per rail x4

Msi k9n2 sli platinum mb

Amd phenom x4 9600 be 2.3ghz

4gb corsair xms2 800

500gb hd

Geforce gts 250 oc edition 1gb

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

When I looked into the problem before I formatted, tried like 20 driver sets, multiple graphics and BIOS settings, as well as in game settings. No fix so after all this I posted again and somone said my CPU might be bottlenecking my gpu.

So I just flashed my BIOS and updated it so that it will support am3 since its am2+. And bought a amd phenom II x4 965 3.4 Ghz. Do you think this will increase my fps or qualities and if it doesn't what else can I try?

That should probably do.. Go ahead and try it.. What resolution are you running the games at?

Ok so i got my new proccessor today and put it in my AM2+ booted right up thanks to some bios updates. the first thing that i decided to try was CSS since its not a very graphics pulling game. before the proccessor i was getting 50-70 fps in large fights about 48. now i have 290-310 fps and about 170 in large fights like 15-20 ppl all shooting smokes etc. gw went from 105 to 250 fps, LoL went from 32 to 88 and WM2 went from 30 to like 120. so ya apparently that other cpu was junk and bottlenecking my gpu i cant wait to see the performance after a memory upgrade and sliing these cards.

thanks for the help *solved*

btw i was playing games at 1600x1050 at full graphics quality

Edited by sagemode85

Ok so i got my new proccessor today and put it in my AM2+ booted right up thanks to some bios updates. the first thing that i decided to try was CSS since its not a very graphics pulling game. before the proccessor i was getting 50-70 fps in large fights about 48. now i have 290-310 fps and about 170 in large fights like 15-20 ppl all shooting smokes etc. gw went from 105 to 250 fps, LoL went from 32 to 88 and WM2 went from 30 to like 120. so ya apparently that other cpu was junk and bottlenecking my gpu i cant wait to see the performance after a memory upgrade and sliing these cards.

thanks for the help *solved*

btw i was playing games at 1600x1050 at full graphics quality

you could have overclocked your first cpu and see... its a black edition =P

you could have overclocked your first cpu and see... its a black edition =P

I attempted to but due to the poor manufacturing the the non +50 first phenoms the overclock wasnt stable and i could only get like 2.6 out of it before it crashed

Now your GPU is the bottleneck in your system. More ram is not gonna make any difference in games yet. Remember the chain is held together by the weakest link.