Scary Noises when running the FAHGPU

Psywar

This is my Furmark score.. I have set the video card to 850mhz, and 1200mhz on the mem. Bench test for 30mins ran fine.

I tried using it on furmark but it shows it only ran at a clock speed of 500mhz and mem speed of 1003mhz.

*Shrugs* I don't really know what I am doing atm with these programs. I have not benched tested a system in years.

Untitled.jpg

BTW: Yesterday I was at 854WU's Today I am already at 862 in just a day lol! Nice!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good GPUs are able to just rip through WUs, but unfortunately the 5xxx series has to use the -forcegpu ati_r700 flag to fold at all. This makes the GPU client think it is a 4xxx series and not use more advanced coding and stuffs.

starting to crank out the WU's i see :D

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/use...?s=&u=36976

:foldon:

Haha yup! really nice. I was having issues with the SMP on my other rig, so I just decided to screw it.

The non-smp and the GPU work the fastest on this machine. But I have been running the SMP and GPU instead. I get more points it looks like with the SMP.

With a C2D and ATI card, you get about 1/4th what the CPU is capable of running SMP. Running the GPU and non-SMP clients proved to be the best option for me. The longer you run the non-SMP client, you start getting better WUs.