Time to rant about one of my teachers.

This reminds me of my IT teacher back in high school too.

He's the one that told everyone there was no such thing as SATA optical drives and that only Harddrives use SATA :lol:

If it wasn't for me getting some certifications for free I wouldn't of even have taken the class. It's the only shop class that I found interesting cause it had to do with the my favorite hobby which is computers. Other than that the instructor and curriculum sucked to the fullest.

The worst one I every had was a guy that was teaching one of my server administration classes in college. During the course of the class I had to step him through installing apache and IIS on their respective platforms. I also had to explain multiple times how DNS works. To top it all off and by far making this guy the worst is teaching this course was a part time job. His full time job was head of IT for a local BANK. Head of IT at a freaking bank and I had to explain DNS to him? WTF??? How he got either job I will never know.

His full time job was head of IT for a local BANK. Head of IT at a freaking bank and I had to explain DNS to him? WTF??? How he got either job I will never know.

Sleeping with the boss?

1. I have talked to multiple people in the schools admin about it but the problem is that they don't listen to me...

2. I have been trying to teach myself what she's suppose to be teaching us, but for the assignment I'm working on atm we have to use a program called es builder to make a Expert system. IT is the most useless program I have ever used I have been working on this es for 7 hours straight and I'm not even half way and as far as I can tell im the only person in my class doing it properly.

3. Thanks to Australia's schooling system we get a sai which affects your op (overall percentage). Your sai is affected by how well you do in all of your subjects so if i fail a subject it will make my sai higher which you don't want you want a low sai. To get into universities in Australia you need a op (there are other ways but they involve not being in school for many years and entering as an adult student) So yeah people with a high op get priority in a Uni over people with lower op's. So basically because she's a bad teacher I have been getting bad marks regardless of what I do which and it is affecting my sai so I wont be able to get a high op unless we get a better teacher. So at the moment I have a higher chance of not getting into the uni I want to attend.

QLD's system sounds more complicated than the system we have here in vic but does the same job.

My IT teacher was awesome. I did yr 12 IT in yr 11 and our stupid school made us yr 11s go to the class even after the year 12 exams were over. Because there no work for us to do the teacher put Unreal Tournament on the server and 4 of us sat there LANing it all class. if another teacher or someone walked in we'd say that "we're testing setting up a LAN" or sum BS like that :lol:

i had a maths methods teacher like your IT teacher. you could barely understand him (his accent was bad), handwriting was horrible and he made no sense. the whole class was failing and complaining but 3 years on he is still the methods teacher at that school. It was a $4G a year private school too.

Edited by bilcliff

I actually had an amazing computer teacher in high school, but it really took a certain kind of person to get him, I mean this was a full year class, a lot of students don't go the full year. :D

This teacher would actually encourage us to learn things on our own and not believe everything he said, but if a student didn't he was challenging them... well let's just say they either didn't do well in the class or did a little too well. My teacher's method for encouraging us to do things on our own was to give us very obvious false information, some examples would be stating that all hard drives are limited to 137gb(I think that's the number...) and couldn't go any higher, or that when he talk about 1080i and 1080p, he would tell everyone that the p stood for plasma, and unfortunately a lot of people didn't know computers that well and took his word for it on a lot of the stuff he said, this guy could come with some grade a BS. Only problem with him was that he was bi-polar, not really, but really gives off that impression.

Only times I ever had trouble with retarded teachers was english... I have never had a good english teacher and because of their stupidity I always failed the class every year.

After graduating all I can really think to say when I loo bad on it all is that I'm glad I had some of the teachers I did, some teachers I had were really awesome and easily make up for all of the idiotic teachers.

My brother is in highschool (first year), it costs 6,500 euros a year and, according to him, the IT teacher is just horrible. Once she couldn't even troubleshoot a sound problem. How the hell do you get a job like that and not know how to do something so simple?

Sounds like a normal situation for grade school.

Back when I was still in grade school I had some really good IT teachers and others who just taught the class for some extra money and had no experience in IT.

I remember a programming class were the teacher didn't know anything and he basically just gave us the programming book and said teach yourself and all he ever did is make sure the programs you programmed worked never helped with the coding part of it or even explained it.

I doubt this is preventing you from getting into a good college most colleges usually just look at your school grades and test scores they usually don't get picky about what classes you took.

Most IT programs start from the beginning so when you enter them your usually only expect how to use a computer and then they work you up from there. However I do admit if you start learning the concepts early it will make it easier for you to understand the topics when there taught in class.

The best thing to do if you want to get ahead is to teach the material to yourself there's plenty of it available online. Also you learn at your own pace so sometimes it comes easier then being taught it in a class which is trying to cram the whole concept in just 12-14 weeks. Also hands on experience is very important in IT and you gain a lot of it on your own time playing around with the stuff.

Edited by fire_storm