Sign in to follow this  
Sworn_Vendetta

Time to rant about one of my teachers.

Ok so Im currently attending year12 at a high school in Australia. Its a decent school as far as schools go (except they get a bit power hungry and make up retarded rules... normal school stuff) but the head of IT knows absolutely nothing about computers or the subjects she's suppose to be teaching. She is currently my teacher for IPT (information processing technology). You might be thinking to yourself, he's just complaining about some teacher who's just trying to do her job..... I wouldn't be complaining if she wasn't jeopardizing my chances in getting into a university. Here is one example of her stupidity, during one of our lessons she decided to show us a video (I don't know what it was about we never got to see it) the problem was, the video was in a compressed folder now any normal person would just decompress it then open it and watch the video..... Apparently that was a task which was to difficult for her, she spent roughly 15minutes opening the folder multiple times and then trying to open the video while it was still in a compressed folder and then choosing the option of finding a program that will be able to run it whenever windows prompted her to. The whole time I was just trying not to let my brain implode while I tried to work out the mind .ery that was, How did she get the job as head of IT?

Has anyone here on occ ever had a teacher such as mine?

My highschool ITT/English teacher had the intelligence of a mentally handicapped goldfish.

I share your pain.

My highschool ITT/English teacher had the intelligence of a mentally handicapped goldfish.

I share your pain.

I hope your not talking about this goldfish

because he's awesome! :lol: but i agree, altough i was lucky and had very very knowledgable IT Teachers in collage, i had complete and utter nitwit baboon butheads in my Secondary school (year 7 - 11) probably only 5 students (including me) of the 30 in my class Came out knowing more because of their own aptitude then what the 'teachers' 'taught' them :rolleyes:

My advice, take IT into your own hands, start researching things which are supposed to be the topic of the class, that way you'll always have an edge over the others, also id talk to the head of the school about this, but i doubt he/she will listen to a student over a teacher, but still, its worth a try if the head is Reasonable.

Edited by SenitaL

Ok so Im currently attending year12 at a high school in Australia. Its a decent school as far as schools go (except they get a bit power hungry and make up retarded rules... normal school stuff) but the head of IT knows absolutely nothing about computers or the subjects she's suppose to be teaching. She is currently my teacher for IPT (information processing technology). You might be thinking to yourself, he's just complaining about some teacher who's just trying to do her job..... I wouldn't be complaining if she wasn't jeopardizing my chances in getting into a university. Here is one example of her stupidity, during one of our lessons she decided to show us a video (I don't know what it was about we never got to see it) the problem was, the video was in a compressed folder now any normal person would just decompress it then open it and watch the video..... Apparently that was a task which was to difficult for her, she spent roughly 15minutes opening the folder multiple times and then trying to open the video while it was still in a compressed folder and then choosing the option of finding a program that will be able to run it whenever windows prompted her to. The whole time I was just trying not to let my brain implode while I tried to work out the mind .ery that was, How did she get the job as head of IT?

Has anyone here on occ ever had a teacher such as mine?

How does any of that jeopardize your chance of getting into a university? You realize that's all on you right?

Patronize the teacher and make sure you get an "A" grade in her class

Continue self learning

When you apply for college they don't give a hoot how smart or how dumb your high school teachers were. They care about your transcript, core curriculum, gpa, entrance exam scores and extra-curricular activities (at least here in the states).

Good luck

1. I have talked to multiple people in the schools admin about it but the problem is that they don't listen to me...

2. I have been trying to teach myself what she's suppose to be teaching us, but for the assignment I'm working on atm we have to use a program called es builder to make a Expert system. IT is the most useless program I have ever used I have been working on this es for 7 hours straight and I'm not even half way and as far as I can tell im the only person in my class doing it properly.

3. Thanks to Australia's schooling system we get a sai which affects your op (overall percentage). Your sai is affected by how well you do in all of your subjects so if i fail a subject it will make my sai higher which you don't want you want a low sai. To get into universities in Australia you need a op (there are other ways but they involve not being in school for many years and entering as an adult student) So yeah people with a high op get priority in a Uni over people with lower op's. So basically because she's a bad teacher I have been getting bad marks regardless of what I do which and it is affecting my sai so I wont be able to get a high op unless we get a better teacher. So at the moment I have a higher chance of not getting into the uni I want to attend.

Edited by Sworn_Vendetta

I wish that my secondary school would have had computer classes like. But then again it seems that schools are incapable of hiring proper teachers to teach classes like this.

I wish that my secondary school would have had computer classes like. But then again it seems that schools are incapable of hiring proper teachers to teach classes like this.

How right you are...

Do you guys have the same problems with elementary and high school teachers there, as we do here?

i.e. low pay and overworked?

Do you guys have the same problems with elementary and high school teachers there, as we do here?

i.e. low pay and overworked?

Public schools are having that problem and if I went to a public school I wouldn't care. But I'm paying (well my parents are) $3,500AUD/ $3170USD a year to send me to this private school and this is the education I'm getting... Last year I had a English teacher who would tell me I was doing the right thing for an assignment and then fail me because I was doing the wrong thing...

Edited by CAINuKe

My teachers are all actually pretty good with computers, then again my school is a very good one.(Not cheap for my parents! :lol:)

Although the IT people do seem pretty stupid, in 5th grade our computers sounded like Jet engines going off and none of them knew why <_<