Port Multiplier Function on eSATA

I got AHCI enabled, but its installed the standard Microsoft AHCI driver.

I want it to use my ASUS driver that I downloaded earlier tonight.

Every time I go into the device manager and tell it to upgrade to that driver, it just says that the driver I currently have is up-to-date and wont accept my ASUS one.

Is there anyway to force windows to use the one I tell it to instead of its standard one?

Every time I go into the device manager and tell it to upgrade to that driver, it just says that the driver I currently have is up-to-date and wont accept my ASUS one.

Is there anyway to force windows to use the one I tell it to instead of its standard one?

Should really matter as long as port multiplier works. If your not having issues ex. BSOD I wouldn't worry about it.

Get the latest driver from AMD, not ASUS.

Im not having issues, but I still cannot get both drives on my HDD Dock to be recognized.

Get the latest driver from AMD, not ASUS.

^ what he said. If both drives still are not recognized I would go with drivers from AMD. I tried to use the latest drivers with Intel and only then did it tell me it could see a port multiplier but only be able to use the 1st drive in it. Before that it didn't even tell me there was one connected so perhaps Intel plans to have port multiplier in the near future.

Ohhh man do I love windows!

I finally got both drives to be recognized.

I was able to use the ASUS driver, but even though it has a Win7 x64 driver, windows wont accept it. It says its not built for a x64 system.

I went back and used the Vista x64 driver, and it works like a charm!

Dont you just love the world of Microsoft Windows!

Ohhh man do I love windows!

I finally got both drives to be recognized.

I was able to use the ASUS driver, but even though it has a Win7 x64 driver, windows wont accept it. It says its not built for a x64 system.

I went back and used the Vista x64 driver, and it works like a charm!

Dont you just love the world of Microsoft Windows!

Does port multiplier function?