unknownuser200

Sapphire 5970 4gb edition!

man no wonder the nvidia's aren't out....all these gluttonous 5970's are taking all the power away from the wafer fabbing machines lol

I thought that AMD finally got this stuff being produced at their GlobalFoundries FABs and are shifting away from TSMC.... or did I hear that from Charlie?

man no wonder the nvidia's aren't out....all these gluttonous 5970's are taking all the power away from the wafer fabbing machines lol

hahahaha...lol

I thought that AMD finally got this stuff being produced at their GlobalFoundries FABs and are shifting away from TSMC.... or did I hear that from Charlie?

No I was just joking about their ridiculous power consumption and over exaggerating lol

the asus one uses three 6-pin connectors ..

edit : i looked at asus's pic again and i am not sure , is it three power connectors 2x 6-pin and one 8-pin or all of them are 6-pin as i thought.......?

21b.jpg

I'll take 2.

These days I'm wondering at what point new video cards will stop fitting in existing ATX cases and what type of support gear you'll need to hold the end of that card in place. Even some of the current long cards have a terrible tendency to start drooping out towards the ends after they have been in a case for a while.

Guess new cases will have to be designed to allow you to mount an ATX board horizontally :) aka HTPC style

I can see it already.......

New user "yep got me one of these bad boys and it's powering my 17" Generic LCD at 1024X768 with all the eye candy turned on in Pacman, and this game flys :))

Edited by wevsspot

Yes i can see that to there are alot of idiots out there. However if the ares and the msi lightning are anything of the way of the future i see pcbs starting to get wider instead of longer. Smaller components will also help. Also look at the lian li and some silverstone cases. they have support bars going up the side for video cards. Personnally i find an open screw hole in the pcb and stick a zip tip through it and zip it to my motherboard tray to hold bigger cards up lol

Edited by unknownuser200

I hope no company caters to these obese graphics cards. I hope this is a short lived bad joke

I hope no company caters to these obese graphics cards. I hope this is a short lived bad joke

same size cooler as the arctic accelero you had your eye on :P

These days I'm wondering at what point new video cards will stop fitting in existing ATX cases and what type of support gear you'll need to hold the end of that card in place. Even some of the current long cards have a terrible tendency to start drooping out towards the ends after they have been in a case for a while.

:lol:

casesideu.jpg