Sign in to follow this  
WhenKittensATK

IW Studio Heads fired by Activision.

Well, you guys might want to read this.

I am really expecting IW to break off from Activision (or at least the guys who work there).

Edited by tkrow21

I live in Massachusetts, and there's a lot of game development companies in the Boston area. I love how most of them are independent and try to publish their own games. Things would be so much better without Publishers trying to screw over the development companies.

It's not a lame argument from a PC gamer's perspective. The thing that makes the argument weak in terms of MW2's overall success is that has no impact on 75% of IW's market, the consoles gamers. In fact, the only argument in CAINuKe's list that is valid for all is the short length of the single player campaign, but most people care more about the multiplayer.

PS. Please take note that I have never called it a complete failure...that's coming from others.

Oh i know you didn't say that. I started off addressing your comment as a segue into addressing this thread. :P

No dedicated servers is indeed a valid complaint, but its become a lame arguement because that is pretty much the only thing most people complain about. There are a LOT of things MW2 did wrong that people who actually played the game could easily point out. The number of those minor complaints alone would make a greater reason to not try the game to someone who's curious about the game, but so many people never really gave the game a chance to even find out those reasons.

For some, the gameplay is addicting enough to keep playing ...and for others, not so much. As I said, there are definitely better ways of saying where MW2 could improve to make it the game people would be happy with.

I hate this game with every ounce of hate but I find myself playing all the time and I am one step away from prestige. Can't quite figure it out. I hate it but I play it. The game must have an IT factor. Playing the same maps over and over, migrating hosts while your in a fire fight... I just can't put my finger on why I play this game when I hate it so much.

Don't know how credible this article is, but if this is true, I think we can see another split like with EA.

OK, so Infinity Ward partially owns the IP. So they wouldn't be starting with nothing if they started over.

OK, so Infinity Ward partially owns the IP. So they wouldn't be starting with nothing if they started over.

Infinity Ward had wanted to move away from the IP anyway.

Infinity Ward had wanted to move away from the IP anyway.

Again, I'm aware of that. But since they have some rights to their stuff instead of Activision having all of it, they don't have to start at square one.

Again, I'm aware of that. But since they have some rights to their stuff instead of Activision having all of it, they don't have to start at square one.

I'm just saying that they probably would, either way.

Oh i know you didn't say that. I started off addressing your comment as a segue into addressing this thread. :P

No dedicated servers is indeed a valid complaint, but its become a lame arguement because that is pretty much the only thing most people complain about. There are a LOT of things MW2 did wrong that people who actually played the game could easily point out. The number of those minor complaints alone would make a greater reason to not try the game to someone who's curious about the game, but so many people never really gave the game a chance to even find out those reasons.

For some, the gameplay is addicting enough to keep playing ...and for others, not so much. As I said, there are definitely better ways of saying where MW2 could improve to make it the game people would be happy with.

Well I'm not sure about most other people out there but I did give the game a chance, I played through and beat the single player campaign, and I played a little bit of the multiplayer and from all of that I would say I can think of a lot of reasons why this game sucks in my opinion.

1. Too Short

2. Bad voice acting on some of the characters

3. No emotion, background, or anything from most of the new characters and very little from the old ones, I mean soap was the only characters that seemed even remotely realistic and he was completely ruined by his look.

4. The us army was more of a crime organization than anything else.

5. Everyone I played as died every other mission, I like to get to know my characters, not watch them die a bunch.

Those are just some of my problems with the single player, the multiplayer side.

1. Spawning system is the same, can easily camp the enemy team and when your team is progressing, the enemy team is magically allowed to spawn right behind you, just like in the first game.

2. The removal of weapons, there are a lot of weapons that were in the first modern warfare that are not in this one and in my opinion there is no reason to remove something like that, the goal should be to give the largest variety possible, not just change out all the guns and say it's better.

3. Dual Wielding, pistols and mini uzis is fine but I think it's taking things a little too far with the UMP and 1887.

4. It's even more of a carpet bomb fest that the first game was, and I didn't even think that was possible.

5. Riot shields, they can stock rockets from an rpg but not grenades, I think IW kind of put logic in a box and carried it all the way to the roof and threw it off the top of their building.

So you see, I have a lot more reasons to heavily dislike this game and call it a complete failure other than dedicated servers, even though I think that is the most legit argument for why this game is bad.

The two guys that got fired have no claim over any of that. They are not IW. IW is still owned by Activision, and unless/until they break apart, Activision effectively owns the rights to the IP and the engine.

Well I'm not sure about most other people out there but I did give the game a chance, I played through and beat the single player campaign, and I played a little bit of the multiplayer and from all of that I would say I can think of a lot of reasons why this game sucks in my opinion.

Ya I know you did so my post obviously isn't directed to you or anyone else who gave it try and didn't like it. :)

1. - 5.

Those are just some of my problems with the single player, the multiplayer side.

I got NO love for the Single Player campaign missions. It is one of the worst SP campaigns I've played. That may be a bit harsher than it deserves but honestly, the only desire for me to even finish the campaign is to earn Gamer Points and since it is short it wouldn't take me long to accomplish.

1. Spawning system is the same, can easily camp the enemy team and when your team is progressing, the enemy team is magically allowed to spawn right behind you, just like in the first game.

2. The removal of weapons, there are a lot of weapons that were in the first modern warfare that are not in this one and in my opinion there is no reason to remove something like that, the goal should be to give the largest variety possible, not just change out all the guns and say it's better.

3. Dual Wielding, pistols and mini uzis is fine but I think it's taking things a little too far with the UMP and 1887.

4. It's even more of a carpet bomb fest that the first game was, and I didn't even think that was possible.

5. Riot shields, they can stock rockets from an rpg but not grenades, I think IW kind of put logic in a box and carried it all the way to the roof and threw it off the top of their building.

Actually the spawning system is one of the better ones for FPS I've found. It's hard to program that stuff when other team and your team are scattered all over the map. Don't get me wrong, I still curse like a madman when I spawn into a Predator missle or an RPG. My friend spawned right on a Claymore! :lol: So its by far from perfect but now that I know how it works (spawns you next to your teammate(s)) it is mostly just random events that suck. Only map I truly hate the spawn points on are Derail ...I NEED Marathon Pro for that map because it always spawns me 50 freaking miles away from the action.

Weapons don't bother me since I didn't play the previous CoDs and I only use 3 guns anyway - M16-A4, FAMAS and TAR. I rarely even use my secondary weapon, even when I run out of ammo i steal someone else's gun. I typically don't mind the dual weilding sub-machine guns but I completely agree with you on the DWing shotguns - they are a tad OP.

So you see, I have a lot more reasons to heavily dislike this game and call it a complete failure other than dedicated servers, even though I think that is the most legit argument for why this game is bad.

El Capitan also came up with a good list of gripes that I agree with. In addition to what you and he said, my gripes would be:

I'll give my list of Pros/Cons in another post ...gotta get of this machine