Sign in to follow this  
Andrewr05

Possible Portal Sequel

Portal has been updated.

A new achievement has been added titled "Transmission Received", supposedly radios appear throughout the game now and you have to tune them to a specific frequency.

There are 26 of them, if you take the first radio to the red button you get some undeciphered morse code.

This could be interesting...

More info here

First morse code deciphered:

"interior transmission active external data line active message digest active"

Edited by Andrewr05

It's been known for awhile that Portal 2 is in development, so you can take "possible" out of your thread title :P.

I read about these new transmissions on PC Gamers FB page. I bet you there are a bunch of Valve employees reading the Steam forum and laughing their arse off.

Meh, valve says the same thing about Half Life 2 Episode 3... yet it's been almost three years since the release of the Orange Box. Yet they've released two L4Ds in that time.

3 years already on orange box? really?

Three years this coming October. We just barely passed the two year mark on the Orange Box.

Maybe Portal 2 will have harder puzzles. I hope it does.

Three years this coming October. We just barely passed the two year mark on the Orange Box.

Maybe Portal 2 will have harder puzzles. I hope it does.

I hope they keep it similar to the first game. The puzzles were challenging, but doable, as they should be in the main campaign. If you want harder puzzles, that's what the challenges are for.

Meh, valve says the same thing about Half Life 2 Episode 3... yet it's been almost three years since the release of the Orange Box.

Awesome.

I love when developers take time for their games.

I hope they keep it similar to the first game. The puzzles were challenging, but doable, as they should be in the main campaign. If you want harder puzzles, that's what the challenges are for.

True, I forgot about the challenges in it. I didn't really run into any issues with the main campaign until the last 2 or 3 levels. Then they got fairly challenging which was great.. dammit, now I want to go back through the game.

True, I forgot about the challenges in it. I didn't really run into any issues with the main campaign until the last 2 or 3 levels. Then they got fairly challenging which was great.. dammit, now I want to go back through the game.

Yeah. I don't mind a challenge, but I don't want it to be so hard in the main campaign that it's difficult to finish the game and get the full breadth of the story.

Awesome.

I love when developers take time for their games.

Like how they took their time with left 4 dead 2... oh wait.

I like it too when devs take time. As long as the game has good gameplay/ story I'm happy.