Sign in to follow this  
TropicalPreist

i7 Desktop Memory

I've read all these great reviews on here for memory in the 2009 section but the test setups are always on the i5 platform and they are dual channel. If i were to buy the top performing models would they perform the same on an i7 system? Besides that...are there currently any triple channel kits capable of 1800mhz and above?

How can you want premium ram if your not willing to pay the premium price for it?

I'm sure they're plenty of kits out there for less that can scale up just as well for less.

How high are you looking to go 1800 or 2000?

2000 would be nice but, not for 400 bucks. <_<

I appreciate the responses btw....(Zertz- ill take a look at the link thanx.)

Oh btw i have a huge heat sink on my p6t6 mobo so i'm going to need a low profile set. I don't know if switching the orientations will help but im guessing i'd still have clearance issues. hence the reason i got rid of my old corsair dominator set. thanx! (would of been nice if i mentioned that to begin with heh.)

They clock well by the way ! LOL

Most of the sets I have played with had tall heatspreaders except for an OCZ platinum 1600Mhz kit that did well from what I remmember and the Muchkin Blackline kit I have in my rig now that did over 2000Mhz for $188 bucks at the timeMushkin.

They clock well by the way ! LOL

Most of the sets I have played with had tall heatspreaders except for an OCZ platinum 1600Mhz kit that did well from what I remmember and the Muchkin Blackline kit I have in my rig now that did over 2000Mhz for $188 bucks at the timeMushkin.

i guess mushkin it is...again lol should i be weary of the high voltage requirement for clocking at 2000mhz though? It's listed as a con afterall..

High is a relative term! As long as you balance the VTT and vdimm you should be fine. I have not seen any degradation yet or had a chip fail to perform at those levels.