well i'm now the proud owner of...

sdy284

I'm surprised anyone has it, yikes! :blink:

Gratz Sdy :)

I said my REAL name, not my screenname :P.

I theoretically own claymeow.com. I registered it for free through some MS thing. I never really did anything with it though.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I said my REAL name, not my screenname :P.

I theoretically own claymeow.com. I registered it for free through some MS thing. I never really did anything with it though.

I heard they weren't going to keep those free anymore.

why/what makes it a premium domain? :blink:

From what I have gathered, it is people selling parked domains to turn a profit. It is a common practice, people will try and register every domain out there. Since my name is fairly common it was obviously registered by someone who wanted to make a profit off the sale of it.

IMO it's not worth it, there are many good variations like your-name.com, your name with a middle initial.com, etc... The only time it's really of value is if you're selling something and want to catch traffic googling the exact name, but that doesn't happen often. There are also .name domains and of course .org, .net, .us, etc...

I didn't even know they were free. I thought you had to pay for them now.
Probably, but if you go to claymeow.com, you can clearly see mine is still there. I never did anything with it, nor do I even remember how to access it. :lol:

From what I have gathered, it is people selling parked domains to turn a profit. It is a common practice, people will try and register every domain out there. Since my name is fairly common it was obviously registered by someone who wanted to make a profit off the sale of it.

Unless the person who bought it has your name, you could legally claim it.