privateapples

Lower Resolution Lower Power intake?

I feel like its obviously true but how much different is 720p power usage compared to 1080p?

It wouldn't be different unless your computer is being stressed harder and thus using more power when it is displaying 1080p. That's pretty unlikely though, because computers usually just go 100% to put out as many frames as possible regardless of resolution.

It wouldn't be different unless your computer is being stressed harder and thus using more power when it is displaying 1080p. That's pretty unlikely though, because computers usually just go 100% to put out as many frames as possible regardless of resolution.

depending on the program that would be true, but some programs don't effectively use 100% of your hardware

Still the same, cause your screen uses more pixels for what would normally be only 1 pixel. Therefore, exactly the same power consumption.

You mean the monitor itself? It always displays the same amount of pixels so whatever you throw at it doesn't really matter. In fact, I guess a 1080p monitor possibly consumes more trying to display 720p since it has to scale the signal.

Edited by Zertz

You mean the monitor itself? It always displays the same amount of pixels so whatever you throw at it doesn't really matter. In fact, I guess a 1080p monitor possibly consumes more trying to display 720p since it has to scale the signal.

I think it would too, but it would be insignificant.

it still has to run the cathode lamps at the same power no matter what resolution.