The Unofficial Battlefield Bad Company 2 Thread

WhenKittensATK

Last night had to be my worst night in game in a while. It was so bad I couldn't stomach it and logged off after an hour, maybe less. Maybe next time I won't leave ya hanging Shallow and Poloc.

Yeah man you just took off last night...I was like WTF...lol

Then you want a game that is actually based on realism :D I highly recommend Darkest Hour, then you can enjoy all the 1 hit kills :P

I just looked at that game and I think it was designed for a Geforce 4.

Disliking the weapon damage / accuracy updates. I used to have a 3+ K/D ratio every round, or higher; now I barely manage to get a 1 KD. It took me weeks to learn to play battlefield, as I had played mostly cod-like shoters and now I have to AGAIN get used to the guns. I feel like such a noob :s

Whore less guns is all I gotta say :P I've seen your stats page.

Whoring specific guns can easily get a high KDR :P. Spread it out some and then you won't feel the hurt when gameplay changes are made.

Edited by Krazyxazn

I really like the update changeing the guns. No more getting owned by noob tubes(thank God), and the M60 and M16 aren't such beasts. Those 3 weapons always made me feel totally outgunned. I like that it further seperates BF2 from MW2. MW2 has a few guns that are far too overpowered to deal with in certain situations-noob tube, dual G18s, and the AA-12 shotgun. They at least fixed the dual 1887 shotguns.

Still don't like that it takes a headshot to take someone down with a sniper rifle like the M95. Hardcore mode takes care of that. I find myself playing hardcore mode more than anything. It feels more realsitic.

Have a new 28" monitor coming tomorrow so hopefully the increased realestate and increased resolution will give my GPU more of a challenge and allow me to still crank everything up to the highest settings. I'm also going to sell a Sapphire 5870 1GB here next week and upgrade to a 2GB Toxic card.

Been playing as a medic and engineer a lot recently and am really enjoying those classes. I tend to use the beginner guns with those classes and really enjoy them. The assault class wasn't much fun for me until I unlocked the XM8 prototype. The initial gun for that class wasn't enjoyable for me. Can't wait until I have everything unlocked and can choose my kits from all of the options.

Yeah man you just took off last night...I was like WTF...lol

Yeah I said I was gonna go but you guys may not have heard me cause I think my mic was acting up. Hopefully next session will turn out a little better.

I really like the update changeing the guns. No more getting owned by noob tubes(thank God), and the M60 and M16 aren't such beasts. Those 3 weapons always made me feel totally outgunned. I like that it further seperates BF2 from MW2. MW2 has a few guns that are far too overpowered to deal with in certain situations-noob tube, dual G18s, and the AA-12 shotgun. They at least fixed the dual 1887 shotguns.

Still don't like that it takes a headshot to take someone down with a sniper rifle like the M95. Hardcore mode takes care of that. I find myself playing hardcore mode more than anything. It feels more realsitic.

Have a new 28" monitor coming tomorrow so hopefully the increased realestate and increased resolution will give my GPU more of a challenge and allow me to still crank everything up to the highest settings. I'm also going to sell a Sapphire 5870 1GB here next week and upgrade to a 2GB Toxic card.

Been playing as a medic and engineer a lot recently and am really enjoying those classes. I tend to use the beginner guns with those classes and really enjoy them. The assault class wasn't much fun for me until I unlocked the XM8 prototype. The initial gun for that class wasn't enjoyable for me. Can't wait until I have everything unlocked and can choose my kits from all of the options.

Yeah I would have to agree that the M95 should have a one shot kill. Personally I don't think it should be in the game as its primarily an anti-material weapon. You really think someone would be able to sprint full speed while carrying the M95?

Yeah I said I was gonna go but you guys may not have heard me cause I think my mic was acting up. Hopefully next session will turn out a little better.

Yeah I could barely hear you last night man. Hopefully it will work better next time!

yea it was really quiet

haha his mic was like someone screaming in my ear. I had to use special effects. Last test is at 7pm so after that its game time! Also, rourkchris, what ya plan on asking for that card? :)

haha his mic was like someone screaming in my ear. I had to use special effects. Last test is at 7pm so after that its game time! Also, rourkchris, what ya plan on asking for that card? :)

Probably about $360 shipped.

I tried to get on last night (albiet a little late) and only KrazyPoloc was on. I tried saying something on vent - no response. Changed something and he could finally hear me but was barely audible. Kept messing around with stuff to make it better and he logged off no response so no idea if I made it worse or not.

It wouldn't let me join any games with my normal approach (press 'Play Now') so I just manually entered an empty server and taught myself how to fly a heli. Took many attempts to just take off without nosediving right after ...I don't know how they expect people to learn this stuff in the midst of battle with their crew inside. Finally learned that I need one hand on WASD and the other on the Arrow keys. Still not very good but I practiced till I could fly around the stage a few times, land, repair :lol:, take off and fly around a bit more, land, repair, fly some more and land again.

Was definitely more fun once I learned the basics. Gonna take awhile to actually get good though. :)

I tried to get on last night (albiet a little late) and only KrazyPoloc was on. I tried saying something on vent - no response. Changed something and he could finally hear me but was barely audible. Kept messing around with stuff to make it better and he logged off no response so no idea if I made it worse or not.

It wouldn't let me join any games with my normal approach (press 'Play Now') so I just manually entered an empty server and taught myself how to fly a heli. Took many attempts to just take off without nosediving right after ...I don't know how they expect people to learn this stuff in the midst of battle with their crew inside. Finally learned that I need one hand on WASD and the other on the Arrow keys. Still not very good but I practiced till I could fly around the stage a few times, land, repair :lol:, take off and fly around a bit more, land, repair, fly some more and land again.

Was definitely more fun once I learned the basics. Gonna take awhile to actually get good though. :)

By inverting the mouse settings when in pilot, I found it a LOT easier to fly a helicopter, just maker sure you have enough desk space bc I know I look like an idiot thinking that moving my whole body and chair will help me move the heli better haha.

Sorry man I had been playing since 6 and it was after midnight then I hopped off......you were extremely quiet but I could hear you....

I use the WASD+directional keys and fly quite well...it just takes a little practice.....been flying since BF2 though. :)