WhenKittensATK

The Unofficial Battlefield Bad Company 2 Thread

If you guys let me know the times, I could get it done once I get home (looks like my motherboard will be there today). I'm not entirely sure on how to have the event reoccur, but if needed I can just do several weeks at a time....

Maybe I'm not seeing where to do it but it appears that I cannot create an event.....if you can that would be great. I play every Wednesday from 6PM till 11PM CST. I also play pretty frequently on the weekend.

Edited by krazypoloc

If you don't already know:

I think the default chat buttons are: t (all), y (team), u (squad), and alt (voip). Don't press ENTER thinking it will open up the chat, because ENTER has a different function in this game to open up the menu.

Hardcore servers have mini-maps disabled. Regular mode servers can disable them too if they wanted to. You can use the F1, F2, F3, F4, and etc to switch seats in vehicles.

Thanks - i feel bad you having to school me on this kind of stuff. :blush:

I did remember the vehicle positions but I stayed in the gunner seat because it was easier to stay undetected. Was only good for about ~3 kills, but still worked.

i knew who you were :wub:

heh cool - i would have alt tabbed to launch ventrilo but the game always Blanks out White when I alt-tab and then try to go back to full screen mode. I prefer full screen mode over window'd mode - ya its lazyness. Next time I'll just have to pre-launch it before BFBC2.

I saw you on there bro. I joined that server because you were on there as I didn't notice it was a hardcore server. I hate playing hardcore as it defeats the purpose of most of the game elements and breaks a LOT of stuff in game. For example there are no target reticules but a lot of the guns don't have the ability to look down the sites, such as shotguns and mounted weapons. Also they removed the hud for vehicles so you never know WTF is going on, IE who is onboard and ammo and damage and such.....just all around gay IMO.

I thought I broadcasted that we were switching servers but neglected to remember that not everyone was in Vent!!!! If you hop in game get on Vent even if you don't have a mic so you can hear whats going on! sdy can attest to this as I'm sure it helps. Especially with people that verbalize their attempted strategy and shout out enemy positions and maneuvers.

Spawn raping on certain maps is really bad... <- seriously :angry2:

LOL I was wondering how I got on your team. I was thinking to myself... damn this game is smart. I thought maybe it put me in your game because I accepted your Friend Invite and maybe it just put me on the opposite team at first since I joined mid-game and then put us on the same team next match. :lol: I didn't even know i was on a hardcore server. :lol: I just hit the Play Now button when I launch the game. Ya... Newb FTL!

Ya I need to pre-launch Vent before the game because I didn't even know that you guys were online when I got on - figured it was too late for anyone else to be on. I don't know why I can't talk on the server, I still need to figure that out. The windows mic test works, just doesn't work in Vent for some reason.

Edited by Fogel

Ya I need to pre-launch Vent before the game because I didn't even know that you guys were online when I got on - figured it was too late for anyone else to be on. I don't know why I can't talk on the server, I still need to figure that out. The windows mic test works, just doesn't work in Vent for some reason.

Make sure Vent is using your mic as its default input device. I had the same problem until I changed it under settings to recognize my Logitech headset as the input.

heh cool - i would have alt tabbed to launch ventrilo but the game always Blanks out White when I alt-tab and then try to go back to full screen mode. I prefer full screen mode over window'd mode - ya its lazyness. Next time I'll just have to pre-launch it before BFBC2.

If you alt+tab out of the game and when you re-enter it is in windowed mode press alt+enter and it should maximize the window back to full screen.

This sounds stupid but you are pressing the button to activate the mic when you try and talk right?

Make sure Vent is using your mic as its default input device. I had the same problem until I changed it under settings to recognize my Logitech headset as the input.

Pretty sure it is but I'm obviously doing something wrong so I'll definitely check that out when I get home.

If you alt+tab out of the game and when you re-enter it is in windowed mode press alt+enter and it should maximize the window back to full screen.

This sounds stupid but you are pressing the button to activate the mic when you try and talk right?

Actually its a headset I got from trying out Guild Wars and I don't use push-to-talk. Its works on other vent servers just fine but I typically use it on my rundown machine. Currently though I have it hooked up to my gaming rig. I tried duplicating my settings that I have on my rundown rig over to my gaming rig but there is one setting i can't change in Ventrilo on the gaming rig - it's some Testing Codec thing. It never saves the setting when i change it ...even if its blanking it out.

I have G110 keyboard which has a headphone port so I'm also going to try plugging it directly into the keyboard instead of the back of the machine like I currently have it. There is also toggle switch on the keyboard to mute the headphone ...and I'm praying it's something as simple as I have it in the wrong position. If it's not that than I really don't know.

Edit:

And yeah I know Alt-Tab goes back to full screen ...but when I do that the screen blanks out complete with nothing but a really bright white. I have to Alt-Tab again to go to window mode to see the game again. If i go back to the main menu and Alt-Tab I can fix it and go back to Full Screen mode, but I can't do it in the middle of a game for some reason.

Edited by Fogel

Even if you do the "add non-steam game" thing? I've never done it myself, so I honestly don't know if that would work or not, but it seems like it would be worth trying.

Yes, tried that, doesn't work

Maybe I'm not seeing where to do it but it appears that I cannot create an event.....if you can that would be great. I play every Wednesday from 6PM till 11PM CST. I also play pretty frequently on the weekend.

make sure you're logged in to the steam community page ;)

sr36.jpg

Hey, can we create an OCC group so that we can tag ourselves? Anyone interested in the idea?

Create an OCC group for what?

Create an OCC group for what?

I think he means use the Clan Tag.

Which I will opt out of. Not a fan of clans for FPS games. People just look at you like team stackers and ghosting over Vent :P. Which is how I see the majority of FPS clans are like.

jesus, you are more polish than I am...

use the link in my sig for the ACTUAL OCC steam community group :glare:

and i suggest you leave that group as well

edit: and it seems the steam community is down right now