The Unofficial Battlefield Bad Company 2 Thread

WhenKittensATK

That 15 second delay should help. Because even with the new hotfix, Nvidia users still get in much faster than ATI users. It's really bad if one team has mostly ATI users. The other team just surges through the bases in the first minute.

Its bad on Rush mode, but Conquest its not so bad since bases can be re-captured.

So I got to play with you guys last night... not sure if you recognized the name the though - Niteblooded. I tried to type something in game (like - HEY OCC) but everytime I hit Enter to type (like how most multiplayer games work) it kept popping up some window asking if I wanted to Suicide... uuhhhhh No? :unsure:

I was NO help that game though. I think I got blown up 7 times before I even saw an enemy. :lol:

That was a rough game. I don't think I lost one fire fight with an enemy and I went 10-19.

I didn't understand why they turned off the mini-map. I just wanted to know where my teammates were rather than relying on the little blue arrows. Also didn't show vehicle health for some reason.

I had a really fun game at the end after you guys left. At first I was getting frustrated because I couldn't leave the base. Two enemy snipers kept spawn camping our base. I finally saw someone hop in a tank and go by so i hopped in as gunner to give myself a little armor from the snipers. He did a good job taking out the rocket launchers. I took out the snipers as we drove by them. He stopped in their base and took their tank leaving me in the gunner position of a now parked tank. hah So I just sat there and gunned them out as they ran by. :lol: (PAYBACK!!!) They finally caught on and started firing at the tank. Before it blew I hopped out ...went around the "Oohhh Fuuuuuuudge" corner and into 3 enemy - took out one of them at least. That was a good 6 or 7 killing streak. Then I got rolled hard till we got to our last MComm Stations to defend. Finally unlocked the XM8. In the 4 minutes I owned that gun I got 5 kills and defended the last MComm Station 4 times or so. Barely pulled off the win so that felt really cool. The KDR really wasn't that great... 17-18, but it was just a fun game coming back from deficit and being responsible for helping the team to pull off the win. Though it helped at the end the enemy stopped relying on the tanks and choppers and came in on foot. I somehow got a pin for getting 7 Assists ...how in the HELL do you get 7 assists?! I somehow managed to do that.

Had a good game like that in MW2 this weekend as well where my whole team but 1 other guy left so it was 2 on 6. The enemy was camping all the checkpoints. My Teammate and I were getting rolled but I was glad he was the other guy as he usually did pretty good in the previous games. Barely managed to pull out a good kill streak so was able to call in Harrier and Pavelow - tho they shot down my Pavelow pretty quickly. KDR wasn't impressive - only 19-13 but the game (TDM) ended with a really low score with both teams in 3000s. Most importantly ... WE WON!

If you don't already know:

I think the default chat buttons are: t (all), y (team), u (squad), and alt (voip). Don't press ENTER thinking it will open up the chat, because ENTER has a different function in this game to open up the menu.

Hardcore servers have mini-maps disabled. Regular mode servers can disable them too if they wanted to. You can use the F1, F2, F3, F4, and etc to switch seats in vehicles.

I've finally gotten into this game and prefer it to MW2 now. I was slow to come around but am enjoying it. Unlocked all of the sniper rifles and am working on the other classes. I do have a few complaints about the game though:

1. Spawn raping. Nothing worse than the enemy having all of the points captured and you can't get out.

2. The helicopters. Wow I've seen some guys dominate a map with them.

3. Hackers-specifically aimbot hackers. Had 1 guy ruin the game for everyone including his own team. I think this is taken care of better than in MW2 however. In MW2 there hasn't been a single day that I haven't run into multiple hackers. One isolated incident though hasn't spoiled me on the game.

4. Noob tubes. Can't we have a military style FPS without them? Fingers crossed for Medal of Honor.

5. Dust and glare. Man looking through a scope can get completely washed out. Probably my biggest dislike but I'm sure it makes things more realistic.

Altogether though I really am enjoying it and find it much more challenging.

So I got to play with you guys last night... not sure if you recognized the name the though - Niteblooded. I tried to type something in game (like - HEY OCC) but everytime I hit Enter to type (like how most multiplayer games work) it kept popping up some window asking if I wanted to Suicide... uuhhhhh No? :unsure:

i knew who you were :wub:

3. Hackers-specifically aimbot hackers. Had 1 guy ruin the game for everyone including his own team. I think this is taken care of better than in MW2 however. In MW2 there hasn't been a single day that I haven't run into multiple hackers. One isolated incident though hasn't spoiled me on the game.

i believe that will be fixed with the R7 client and R10 server patch wednesday. punkbuster will be required on all ranked matches so that will help

I've always liked Battlefield games over COD games when it comes to multiplayer. I like BF games in that you have the option to hang out back and snipe, or support, or grab a vehicle and drive around, or run to the front and run'n'gun like in COD. After running around and shooting people close quarters for long enough, COD multiplayer starts to get old for me. I can play BF multiplayer for a long time.

i need a mic.

I have this one and its awesome as I don't need anything strapped to my head and it works perfectly from 4-5 feet away. Also it doesn't pick up my speakers and isolated my voice well.

I was NO help that game though. I think I got blown up 7 times before I even saw an enemy. :lol:

That was a rough game. I don't think I lost one fire fight with an enemy and I went 10-19.

I didn't understand why they turned off the mini-map. I just wanted to know where my teammates were rather than relying on the little blue arrows. Also didn't show vehicle health for some reason.

I had a really fun game at the end after you guys left. At first I was getting frustrated because I couldn't leave the base. Two enemy snipers kept spawn camping our base. I finally saw someone hop in a tank and go by so i hopped in as gunner to give myself a little armor from the snipers. He did a good job taking out the rocket launchers. I took out the snipers as we drove by them. He stopped in their base and took their tank leaving me in the gunner position of a now parked tank. hah So I just sat there and gunned them out as they ran by. :lol: (PAYBACK!!!) They finally caught on and started firing at the tank. Before it blew I hopped out ...went around the "Oohhh Fuuuuuuudge" corner and into 3 enemy - took out one of them at least. That was a good 6 or 7 killing streak. Then I got rolled hard till we got to our last MComm Stations to defend. Finally unlocked the XM8. In the 4 minutes I owned that gun I got 5 kills and defended the last MComm Station 4 times or so. Barely pulled off the win so that felt really cool. The KDR really wasn't that great... 17-18, but it was just a fun game coming back from deficit and being responsible for helping the team to pull off the win. Though it helped at the end the enemy stopped relying on the tanks and choppers and came in on foot. I somehow got a pin for getting 7 Assists ...how in the HELL do you get 7 assists?! I somehow managed to do that.

Had a good game like that in MW2 this weekend as well where my whole team but 1 other guy left so it was 2 on 6. The enemy was camping all the checkpoints. My Teammate and I were getting rolled but I was glad he was the other guy as he usually did pretty good in the previous games. Barely managed to pull out a good kill streak so was able to call in Harrier and Pavelow - tho they shot down my Pavelow pretty quickly. KDR wasn't impressive - only 19-13 but the game (TDM) ended with a really low score with both teams in 3000s. Most importantly ... WE WON!

I saw you on there bro. I joined that server because you were on there as I didn't notice it was a hardcore server. I hate playing hardcore as it defeats the purpose of most of the game elements and breaks a LOT of stuff in game. For example there are no target reticules but a lot of the guns don't have the ability to look down the sites, such as shotguns and mounted weapons. Also they removed the hud for vehicles so you never know WTF is going on, IE who is onboard and ammo and damage and such.....just all around gay IMO.

I thought I broadcasted that we were switching servers but neglected to remember that not everyone was in Vent!!!! If you hop in game get on Vent even if you don't have a mic so you can hear whats going on! sdy can attest to this as I'm sure it helps. Especially with people that verbalize their attempted strategy and shout out enemy positions and maneuvers.

I've finally gotten into this game and prefer it to MW2 now. I was slow to come around but am enjoying it. Unlocked all of the sniper rifles and am working on the other classes. I do have a few complaints about the game though:

1. Spawn raping. Nothing worse than the enemy having all of the points captured and you can't get out.

2. The helicopters. Wow I've seen some guys dominate a map with them.

4. Noob tubes. Can't we have a military style FPS without them? Fingers crossed for Medal of Honor.

5. Dust and glare. Man looking through a scope can get completely washed out. Probably my biggest dislike but I'm sure it makes things more realistic.

ck

Altogether though I really am enjoying it and find it much more challenging.

Yeah they REALLY need to nerf the nube tubes. I was playing the other night and one guy killed me 4 times in 1 round and every time is was with the guided RPG whatever its called.....I was pissed. I think if they drastically reduce the damage done to players and leave the damage done to vehicles it would alleviate this issue.

I have actually grown to enjoy the dust and smoke. It makes for a significant tactical advantage....I will often shoot one of those fuel tanks while I am running in for an attack so as to mask my approach with smoke and explosions. :)

If you don't have someone on your team that knows how to use tracer darts and the other team has a good chopper pilot then you are screwed.

Spawn raping on certain maps is really bad...

Edited by krazypoloc