The Unofficial Battlefield Bad Company 2 Thread

WhenKittensATK

Gotta hook up my PC to the sound system one day over spring break and play on the 65" HDTV lol. Piss off everyone. The sound in this game is amazing from just using my headphones or my cheap Logitech 5.1 Speakers.

I totally agree with you there, the little things like the shell casings hitting the floor are just amazing, the echo of the gun firing, and other subtle details are really what makes this game have such amazing sound. I have the Logitech digital speakers and it was just amazing... It sucks though because I get bitched at all the time for having the speakers on that I hardly get to use them :-\

I played the Beta and I must say, ranking up in the full game almost seems easier! I've played (including SP) three hours of it and I'm knocking on rank 4's door (if not there already, I forget). Most of these points are with Engineer so don't even try and say I'm Medic-whoring. I'd need a Defib for that!

I think the game as a whole is awesome, and with the grafix to the max, u not only get an awesome GAME for it's gameplay, but also some sexy visuals. Many bugs and flaws are still visible here and there but cmon, give it a break...it just came out.

Edited by ballist1x

Well, after a long night of gaming I finally hit Sergeant which is Level 10 in BC2. I can't imagine how long it'll take to max out cause I've put some major time in since the game's release already. I can't believe some people are approaching or already in the 30s. Ridiculous.

Usually I play assault and rack up the 40mm kills before I get in close with the rifle, but I've been playing all the other classes too, especially engineer and some recon. Gotta say, I really like this game. The unlockables add tremendous depth as just tweaking your load out can dictate a completely different style of play. I'd love to join a game with some OCCers, perhaps those who play should try to organize something. I'd love a squad full of solid, competent players at my side.

And I'm going to actually with Ballist1x for once, the game is freakin' sweet if the whole FPS Battlefield style is your thing. Glad I skipped MW2 (the multiplayer, anyway) and picked this one up.

Anyway, getting delirious, so I'm signing off. Peace out.

This game failed even more than MW2. First day I can't join any servers, second day I can't "login to EA online". When I finally get inside I get kicked immideatly. All my friends (15 of my friends bought the game) can't play either, and if we actually manage to find a server it has taken us atleast 45 minutes. I currently have only 1 friend as noone else has gotten my invite, nor have they gotten mine. I will prolly go back to mw2 in a week if this isn't fixed.

Oh and btw to all you fanboys, I did all the things EA asked me to, I even chatted with their support. GG Dice!

In MW2 all the servers atleast worked and you were able to play :S

EDIT: after writing this my friend asked me to start the game. I couldn't even get to my soldier. "Failed to login Soldier". He has it too. Huoh.

Edited by Jump4h

Hrm, that does indeed suck. Can't say I'm experiencing any of those problems myself though. On a side note, I finally unlocked the M416 assault rifle and it just plain owns. My new favorite gun for the assault class. Pure awesome.

On my break now, it seems the EA login server is down. Found some guides to collect the missing m-com and XM8 for SP.

I check my Steam playtime and it showed like 8 hours (yesterday). So my time spent in SP was probably 6 Hrs (felt much longer). I know I played MP day one at least 2 hours.

EDIT: Posted on Twitter

EA Online is currently investigating an outage of the servers that affects a number of EA games. A fix will be done as soon as possible.

BTW all you non-fanboys just need to chill out. EA and DICE will deliver sheez. Just give them some time. People complained the Final Build was going to be exactly like the Beta. They were totally wrong. When you see me starting raging about BC2, then it's a sign that things have gone wrong :P.

Edited by Krazyxazn

So I'm wanting to buy this but I'm undecided if I should try and talk my 360 friends into buying this that way I have some friends to play it with or if I should just buy it on PC (my preference) and just play with random strangers and possibly some OCCers. But I'm kinda surprised more people haven't been saying how awesome this game is. The Mass Effect page blew up to like 6-7 pages within like the first day or so. Most of Page 2 and about half of Page 3 is just people saying they bought it / downloaded it. So far I see 1 person saying its OK, which matches my friend's opinion and 3 people who really like it. Thought there would be more opinions about this game by now.

More details! Does the 360 version have P2P network like MW2? How addictive is the MP gameplay? Since the maps are so big how much of your time is spent running around the map? I always (personally) felt the Squad functionality was completely under utilized in BF2 so most it felt useless. So has the system been improved so that people may start taking more advantage of it now? What are the major PROs of this game in Multiplayer? And what are some of the quirks about the game you don't think you'll enjoy as you play it more?

Really not concerned about the SP campaign so already seen more than enough info on that. I want more information on the Multiplayer gameplay that you don't get from watching YouTube videos. And this is mainly because I'm deciding which platform to buy it for. I finally found a good group of friends to game with but only one of them has the game and he just said it was "aiight". I would rather play it on the PC, but I'd sacrifice that to play with friends if there is a good reason to pull them into the game.

I honestly think BC2 is one of the best experiences you're going to get with a multiplayer game. There is something for everyone in this game.

You like playing:

Support - You can just run around repairing, healing, reviving, giving ammo, be an advanced spotter, let squad members spawn on you, and etc.

Lone Wolf - You snipe, sneak around, and etc.

Run and Gun - Pretty much every class lets you do this. Maybe not sniper so much unless you swap out sniper rifle from something in all kits.

Vehicular Manslaughter - There are quite a few vehicles in this game that are fun to use. From small things like jet skis and ATVs to big and heavy Apaches and M1 Abrams.

More examples that I can't think off the top of my head. You get the point.

It would be nice to have squads of 5 members instead of 4. However it doesn't bother me much. I think the new system works well. Especially now that you can spawn on any squad member, instead of just the squad leader (none in BC2).

VOIP is locked to Squads. However everyone outside of a Squad can talk to each other. But you lose the benefits of having a squad such as squad spawning, bonus squad points, and feeling local to each other. Nothing like an All Chat game when someone warns you about something, but they are half way across the map talking to someone else :P.

Both PC and Console version use Dedicated servers. However I believe Console users are stuck with matchmaking system. There is a matchmaking system on the PC as well (Play Now button). When I say matchmaking, it's basically pick your game mode and map. Then it will auto you into the lowest ping server it can find.

Having played the clunky Beta and a 2 hours of the final build. I clearly say it's much of an improvement. Everything just feels much smoother. From running, to knifing, to shooting, and just everything. The controls overall just feel much tighter and responsive. Maybe not the jumping, but it's not like you're jumping a lot.

I haven't played long enough to notice any major issues. One think I have notice was that Sniper rifles no longer have the swaying motion. So now I get sniped easily, while in Beta I could get away fire by snipers :P. The Tracer Dart needs some work on. You really have to position yourself correctly for the RPG to hit its mark. Other than those two I haven't found anything to complain about.

Just expect the EA servers to be iffy for awhile. That's all you really need to worry about.

On my break now, it seems the EA login server is down. Found some guides to collect the missing m-com and XM8 for SP.

I check my Steam playtime and it showed like 8 hours (yesterday). So my time spent in SP was probably 6 Hrs (felt much longer). I know I played MP day one at least 2 hours.

EDIT: Posted on Twitter

EA Online is currently investigating an outage of the servers that affects a number of EA games. A fix will be done as soon as possible.

BTW all you non-fanboys just need to chill out. EA and DICE will deliver sheez. Just give them some time. People complained the Final Build was going to be exactly like the Beta. They were totally wrong. When you see me starting raging about BC2, then it's a sign that things have gone wrong :P.

It's too bad it has to happen on a Friday night.

I hope the servers aren't down all weekend.

Edited by fire_storm