WhenKittensATK

The Unofficial Battlefield Bad Company 2 Thread

I've tried the burst method (not sure if I waited a full 2-3 seconds ...that's a long time in a fire fight, but I waited till I saw my barrell stop bouncing) and I really didn't notice much difference to be honest. In MW2 I typically a little lower as I expect my barrell to rise up during fire ...or even when getting hit. I may just need to learn the trick for this game as enemy fire doesn't seem to be as disjaring as MW2 enemy fire is.

When I was sniper I found I could take enemy fire pretty well and still keep my aim, that's why I made the comment.

The accuracy on my first game (played Medic) was my worst accuracy rating - 18.9% ...I went 1-8 :lol:

I tend to average between 20 and 24%. I think my offical rating is 22%. Name is Niteblooded for the PC, if you want to look and confirm. I'm sure my stats blow. My best game was 7-1 and my worst was 0-8 lol. I had a crap load of assists on that 0-8 game. I can't say how many as the game didn't report it in the talley at the end but I saw them rack up as I was respawning. Assist, critical assist, assist!

I'm serious about making videos with the starter weapons now. I've seen too many posts like this. It's not the guns, its not the games, its how you are playing it that counts.

If I remember I'll try and FRAP what I'm talking about. There were a couple times where I was litterally behind someone throwing a full clip into their back/neck area. Guess I'll have to be more proactive going for headshots though. I wish this game reported, at the very least in the text area where it shows who killed who, if it was a headshot.

I found the kill cam to be completely useless. I want to see how people are taking me out so quick. I want to see where they are aiming. Right now I'm aiming for the chest area. Normally I don't like going straight for the head unless its a clear shot because with recoil or return fire its very easy to lose aim and shoot above them.

But honestly, I did FAR better when I stole someone else's gun.

Is anyone else getting mouse freeze? I'm usually fine or don't notice before I start the game, but once I'm in my mouse freezes for 2-5 seconds every 20-30 seconds (it varies from 5-50 seconds in-between, but 20-30 is average). I've seen a ton of complaints about this... but no real solution.

Win7 x64 Ultimate/Logitech mx518.

The only solutions I've found online that I haven't tried are replacing the hardware. I'm going to swap out the mouse tonight and see what happens.

I'm serious about making videos with the starter weapons now. I've seen too many posts like this. It's not the guns, its not the games, its how you are playing it that counts.

I do not completely agree. Sure, when I first started playing it I wasn't as good as I am now, but come on. How many people do you see playing with the starter weapons? The AK has awful long range accuracy, the PKM is just so much worse than the other LMGS, the vintovka? has no damage at all. The only starter weapon people use is the M24. I think it is the best of all the snipers.

Oh and I would just like to point out I still think the hitbox tracking is still quite random. When playing sniper I miss a lot of easy shots while they're moving ,and getting a lot of random headshots by not even aiming close to where it hits.

This is most likely why I like to play Medic. So many bullets and you'll Kill them all ;)

I do not completely agree. Sure, when I first started playing it I wasn't as good as I am now, but come on. How many people do you see playing with the starter weapons? The AK has awful long range accuracy, the PKM is just so much worse than the other LMGS, the vintovka? has no damage at all. The only starter weapon people use is the M24. I think it is the best of all the snipers.

Oh and I would just like to point out I still think the hitbox tracking is still quite random. When playing sniper I miss a lot of easy shots while they're moving ,and getting a lot of random headshots by not even aiming close to where it hits.

This is most likely why I like to play Medic. So many bullets and you'll Kill them all ;)

About the hitbox.. are you taking lag into consideration? I remember back in the day when I used to play Quake 2 Railz. Lag was taken into consideration and you always had to lead your target depending on what kind of ping you were getting..

Edited by FUZi0N

Is anyone else getting mouse freeze? I'm usually fine or don't notice before I start the game, but once I'm in my mouse freezes for 2-5 seconds every 20-30 seconds (it varies from 5-50 seconds in-between, but 20-30 is average). I've seen a ton of complaints about this... but no real solution.

Win7 x64 Ultimate/Logitech mx518.

The only solutions I've found online that I haven't tried are replacing the hardware. I'm going to swap out the mouse tonight and see what happens.

If you end up looking to buy a new mouse, I'm really liking this one so far - G500

I wish this game reported, at the very least in the text area where it shows who killed who, if it was a headshot.

Actually it does report when you kill someone by headshot. However, it doesn't tell you if you were killed by a headshot. That'd be nice, though.