The Unofficial Battlefield Bad Company 2 Thread

WhenKittensATK

krazyxazn and iLLuzi0n, sorry i had to rage quit last night my team was terrible which caused me to try to do too much, resulting in me getting my a$$ kicked by you all :D

there were too many people on your team so i couldnt switch over. hopefully im not in any of krazy's videos :P

someone come try it out. I have to leave the house for a few hours, but I will leave the host running.

IP: 65.184.53.221

port: 3785

try now, sorry I dont know much about routers and all that IP stuff.

Looks like its working fine man!

Only 6 members? ROFL!! No wonder your always pushing the Steam group sdy. :)

probably 6 members ONLINE

There's 96 members total

sosbvs.jpg

or maybe you were talking about the xfire clan?

That one only has 161 members :rolleyes:

2wowyvd.jpg

Think before you speak next time ;)

So I finally got my hands dirty with BC2 Multiplayer last night ...and thus stayed up too late!

The Good Stuff:

• I like being able to run non-stop without needing some special perk for that
  • I like having plenty of ammo, I don't think I ever ran out ammo
  • I like those UAV copters
  • I like having plenty of different things to try ...though I did not try the Apache, saw enough people crashing and burning trying them out :lol:
  • Sniper is actually fun (unlike MW2) ...its pretty much the only starter gun I can rely on in fact. Kinda fun sneaking into the enemy base, knifing them and then sniping them as they try to return. Even better when I stole someone's GOL
  • Sneaking around in a tank flanking the enemy trying to flank your teammate's tank = good times
  • Maps aren't too bad from what I can tell but I'm still trying to learn them ...actually doing a better job learning these than I did in MW2. Think its because I can actually move around before having to respond to someone.

The Rants:

• WTH is up with the entry level guns?! I feel like I'm going into war with a Potato Popper. It was not uncommon for me to unload 2-3 FULL clips into someone. That's insane! At first I thought maybe my aim was just sucking. Then I caught a couple people no less camping a window (well ok I found most people to be camping - its how i got most of my kills) and I would unload a FULL clip into them at less than 10ft range and they would either not move or move slightly thinking it was someone outside hitting them. In goes Clip #2... either I finally get them at the very end of the clip or their buddy comes in and rescues them. I finally just went around knifing the campers - far less work. I couldn't trust my gun at all. There were so many times I'd get the drop on someone either with quicker reflexes or I'd get strategic (read flank) position but because my gun was so inferrior they would win. It's not that hard to tell when you're hitting someone because little ticks light up your crosshairs when you do. When I could steal someone else's kit I typically did much better. That is usually when I caught up on kills and started equalizing my score, but many games it was getting a chance to pick up those guns.
  • What is it with all the freaking pansies anyway? Here I am TRYING to get level 1 and I'm leading the charge on the objectives?? Really? REALLY?! I have 4 idiots behind me waiting on a level nothing to take the offensive and either take an undefended flag or wait for me to clear the enemy base before they enter ...freaking pansies <_<
  • Speaking of pansies, what is up with all the campers? I'll catch a whole team camping the same stupid building ...sometimes its my team... WTF! Normally I wouldn't mind as that is typically how i got the majority of my kills but when you don't know the maps they do tend to get the drop on you when you aren't expecting it. I thought MW2 had campers, but ffs ...really, everyone in the same building? Good thing noob tubes and my knife actually work ...sucks I can't rely on my gun in those situations
  • Why is there no penalty for snipers on their aim when someone is plugging them? That is just stupid

I don't mind it takes more than I expected to level, unless I need those levels to unlock guns for me to actually stand a chance. That's my biggest gripe. It's one thing to get flanked by someone who knows the maps better or to lose to someone with quicker reflexes, but to get the drop on someone and they take you out in a couple/few hits while you're reloading your spitwad straw is... frustrating, ...very, very .. frustrating.

I almost think I could have done better throwing little kittens at people.

I think I unlocked a couple guns last night, I'll have to see how I can update my classes next time I get on. Btw, what is most people's accuracy in this game?

So I finally got my hands dirty with BC2 Multiplayer last night ...and thus stayed up too late!

The Good Stuff:

• I like being able to run non-stop without needing some special perk for that
  • I like having plenty of ammo, I don't think I ever ran out ammo
  • I like those UAV copters
  • I like having plenty of different things to try ...though I did not try the Apache, saw enough people crashing and burning trying them out :lol:
  • Sniper is actually fun (unlike MW2) ...its pretty much the only starter gun I can rely on in fact. Kinda fun sneaking into the enemy base, knifing them and then sniping them as they try to return. Even better when I stole someone's GOL
  • Sneaking around in a tank flanking the enemy trying to flank your teammate's tank = good times
  • Maps aren't too bad from what I can tell but I'm still trying to learn them ...actually doing a better job learning these than I did in MW2. Think its because I can actually move around before having to respond to someone.

The Rants:

• WTH is up with the entry level guns?! I feel like I'm going into war with a Potato Popper. It was not uncommon for me to unload 2-3 FULL clips into someone. That's insane! At first I thought maybe my aim was just sucking. Then I caught a couple people no less camping a window (well ok I found most people to be camping - its how i got most of my kills) and I would unload a FULL clip into them at less than 10ft range and they would either not move or move slightly thinking it was someone outside hitting them. In goes Clip #2... either I finally get them at the very end of the clip or their buddy comes in and rescues them. I finally just went around knifing the campers - far less work. I couldn't trust my gun at all. There were so many times I'd get the drop on someone either with quicker reflexes or I'd get strategic (read flank) position but because my gun was so inferrior they would win. It's not that hard to tell when you're hitting someone because little ticks light up your crosshairs when you do. When I could steal someone else's kit I typically did much better. That is usually when I caught up on kills and started equalizing my score, but many games it was getting a chance to pick up those guns.
  • What is it with all the freaking pansies anyway? Here I am TRYING to get level 1 and I'm leading the charge on the objectives?? Really? REALLY?! I have 4 idiots behind me waiting on a level nothing to take the offensive and either take an undefended flag or wait for me to clear the enemy base before they enter ...freaking pansies <_<
  • Speaking of pansies, what is up with all the campers? I'll catch a whole team camping the same stupid building ...sometimes its my team... WTF! Normally I wouldn't mind as that is typically how i got the majority of my kills but when you don't know the maps they do tend to get the drop on you when you aren't expecting it. I thought MW2 had campers, but ffs ...really, everyone in the same building? Good thing noob tubes and my knife actually work ...sucks I can't rely on my gun in those situations
  • Why is there no penalty for snipers on their aim when someone is plugging them? That is just stupid

I don't mind it takes more than I expected to level, unless I need those levels to unlock guns for me to actually stand a chance. That's my biggest gripe. It's one thing to get flanked by someone who knows the maps better or to lose to someone with quicker reflexes, but to get the drop on someone and they take you out in a couple/few hits while you're reloading your spitwad straw is... frustrating, ...very, very .. frustrating.

I almost think I could have done better throwing little kittens at people.

I think I unlocked a couple guns last night, I'll have to see how I can update my classes next time I get on. Btw, what is most people's accuracy in this game?

Keep in mind its not just accuracy overall, but accuracy in critical areas. Most people that have been playing this game online for more than a few weeks have figured out that if you aim for the head your a lot better off. Unless you are playing hardcore that is....aim for the head as the 2 rounds that hit out of 20 are better than 10 rounds landing in random places.....

As for the sniper thing....when your under fire, and even if there are explosions around you, the scope dances like a ballerina...takes some practice to land shots while under fire.

I usually play Assault, so my accuracy is actually fairly low. I think I average between 15-20% accuracy with the assault rifles. But I'm certainly not afraid to unleash some rounds, even from distance. In fact, I get a good number of kills at distance with the M16A2.

And you're right, there are some problems with this game. Most can be traced back to idiot teammates, especially when half of them decide to go Recon.

It does take some rounds to down the enemy, especially in regular mode (a la non-Hardcore), but this isn't really different than any other Battlefield game. I've had the same complaints in the past, you unload a whole clip and still no dead bad guy, only to get taken out while reloading or switching to the pistol. It happens. You'll get better though. And you think it takes long to level up those lower levels? Ha, just wait till you get 25 plus. It starts slowing WAAAAAAAY down. The earlier levels actually fly by.

All it takes is some getting used to. If you're holding down left click while shooting or hip firing (even at close range 3-5 ft). It greatly reduces your accuracy.

Use a 2-3 second rule when bursting with any gun. If you just keep tapping fast its pretty much like shooting with the trigger down. Your bullets start out accurate and then they go off the charts.

As for the campers in BC2, what game do you think the majority of them were playing :P They come to a new game that they don't understand and the only thing they learned from the other game is that if you run a lot you die a lot :P. Plus the majority of gamers are casual gamers, they have no sense of urgency or need to win every game.

If they are all camping in one building. Then level that building to the ground. That's why destruction is so useful. It may not sound useful until you actually use it to your advantage. I had a squad camping on the 2nd floor of a barn. I tried getting up there through the two ladders but they always go me before I got up. So I took some C4 and leveled the entire barn to the ground and got 3-4 Destruction 2.0 kills. :D

I do believe there is a penalty to snipers getting shot at. Their scope flys all over when they do and the same thing happens to all the guns when getting shot at. I'll need to play a game to verify, but I'm pretty sure that's what happens.

My Accurate is in the 15-20% range for the majority of the guns. http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/Krazyxazn

Could be better, but I don't use the 2-3 second rule. In the end I usually kill the other guy, so I don't bother :P. But if you're having trouble, then please use the 2-3 second rule. It's a game changer for me when I do with guns like the Type 88, SVU, SMGs, M1, and M14.

For those ATI Users, a fix has finally come to your long loading times.

BattlefieldNews

If you are an ATI user these new BETA drivers apparently fix the #BFBC2 load time problems. Use at your own risk - http://bit.ly/bdyKtU

I'm serious about making videos with the starter weapons now. I've seen too many posts like this. It's not the guns, its not the games, its how you are playing it that counts.

Edited by Krazyxazn