The Unofficial Battlefield Bad Company 2 Thread

WhenKittensATK

I am thinking of possibly getting a ventrilo server or something. I didn't know if anyone else wanted to, but I thought it be kinda cool especially if a few of us are playing and on the same squad. A 25 man is only like 6 bucks a month. Just throwing it out there.

I am thinking of possibly getting a ventrilo server or something. I didn't know if anyone else wanted to, but I thought it be kinda cool especially if a few of us are playing and on the same squad. A 25 man is only like 6 bucks a month. Just throwing it out there.

ventrillo is for voice right? i dont have a mic so dang

Ventrilo is great even if you don't want to talk, just so you can hear other people.

In RL people complain my friends and I are too loud. When it comes to gaming I am completely anti-social and don't want to talk to anyone and many times don't want to listen to anyone either. But once you download Vent and use it for gaming you will include it on all your builds ...if you're a multiplayer gamer that is.

It is nice when you don't have anti-social jerks like me on your team and have people who get on the mic and give out the enemy location and movement. For that reason I actually hop on the mic more on FPS games than any other. If you don't buy a mic, just click that checkbox to mute mic as sometimes it gets weird and wants to transmit something, usually if you still have Push-To-Talk still enabled.

Yep. It works for me too. I just setup my own server.

Here are the steps:

1 ) Download Server Cilent (This is the Windows client, there are other ones for other OS')

2 ) Start Menu -> VentSrv -> Edit INI file (Open up Setup Documentation as well to explain how to edit that file the way you want)

3 ) Set VoiceFormat = 3 (this puts it on the highest quality codec)

4 ) Port Forward 3784 (TCP)

5 ) Run the Ventrilo Server

6 ) Open your own Ventrilo Client

7 ) YOU connect by your local LAN IP

8 ) Others connect by your Dynamic IP (Don't know your own Dynamic IP? Click Here)

Killagorilla187 says to make a DDNS so you always have access to your dynamic IP.

Edited by Krazyxazn

someone come try it out. I have to leave the house for a few hours, but I will leave the host running.

IP: 65.184.53.221

port: 3785

try now, sorry I dont know much about routers and all that IP stuff.

Edited by t0asty

someone come try it out. I have to leave the house for a few hours, but I will leave the host running.

IP: BLUR

port: 3784

You need to post your dynamic ip for others to connection. That's your local lan ip (for people under your router).

Edited by Krazyxazn

Last night I had an awesome time with recon lol. I didn't play hardcore so I had to either get headshots or drop a mortar strike on their heads lol. I dropped buildings on entire squads hiding from me multiple times with that method.

I still like medic with the m60 the best, but I'm trying to unlock everything evenly.

Good games man.. was a lot of fun! I joined the game hoping to fight by your side but ended up on the opposite team rofl..

ha ha yeah you got me a few times. i blew your tank up once but i guess you hopped out before it killed you :ph34r:

i convinced a friend of mine to get the game that night so i was trying to help him get used to the game

but ill be back online tonight if you want to hop on iLLuzi0n/FUZi0N

Edited by ShallowBay