2010: Official What's The Story Behind The User Name Topic

d3bruts1d

Whatislove

I came up with this Mid-way through WoW's BC expansion, previous to this my char name was "botta", not a very good trolling name, I name changed to Whatislove and enjoyed my short stint of E-fame on the WoW official forums until I was perma-banned from them :P

Ever since then I use it for all my main character names, I was whatislove in L2, whatislove in AoC, whatislove in Aion and am still whatislove in WoW (because all those MMO's failed)

I think the name is hilarious and it never fails to get a whole group of people type-singing in global channels

"Baby dont hurt me"

"dont hurt me"

"no more"

Ofcourse, it isnt easy to come up with alt names, although I think I got the hang of it. There's Whatizlove, Taintedlove and Lovesensation

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IIxNullxII came about in around 1998 when I first really started exploring the web at the age of about 15. I first came up with the handle 'Nullify', the inspiration of which I cannot recall, probably some asinine attempt to sound cool in FPS games like Quake. Later, after learning of such operating systems as Linux, I shortened it to just 'Null', thinking I was cool, of course. After realizing that this name would be such a challenge to use in various circumstances, I decided the more unique name of 'IIxNullxII' would better suit my needs. 'IIxNullxII remains my handle of choice, but I have been known to go by an even earlier handle of 'Derek9099' which was, at the time, a combination of my real fist name and area code plus a few digits.

Null

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a bit of an endorphin junkie. You know, the squirt of happy chemicals you get when you workout.

It's a name I've used in running/cycling communities, and decided to carry into this one as well. I've run a few marathons. Getting into cycling lately, did a half century a few weeks ago. I love it.

endorphins + fiend = endorphiend

• 2 weeks later...

mine is simple. mac is a nick name i get every where because of my last name(mcdonald). and 3n is a little hard to understand until you see me sign something i sign my first and middle initails zn but my z's look like 3s and one day i hard to people say my nick name mac and 3n at the sametime so now i am mac3n.

to bad i cant use mac3n in wow. thanks bliz names would be easier to comeup with if we could use numbers

I used to monitor a different forum a few years ago that allowed guests to post. If a guest did post the name you put in had Guest_ put in front and _* put at the end. So my posts were always Guest_Jim_*, and when I joined the forum I decided to keep that name, so people would know it was me. (Yes, in all that time I was the only guest that went be Jim, except for one maybe, but that was a single post.)

I'm a mentally unstable person of Polish descent.....

That's what I thought -- I'm a poloc too! My old boss thought it was funny to make polish jokes because he was one too -- sad.

BluePanda --

The name comes from my first build. Had to come up with a name for it and took what my family used to call me growing up, "Amanda Panda" and tacked on the color of the fans in my case... BluePanda. haha... it became my steam name and all sorts after that.

I guess it kinda originates from my first email account too... [email protected] when aol very first came out. But then again, the Panda comes with the same reasoning. :biggrin:

Waco - used to be TheWacoKid

I had just finished watching Blazing Saddles when I created my first email account - [email protected] (yes, email.com...:lol:).

It stuck when I started using it in games and on forums. Recently I shortened it to Waco - I'd like to think I'm no longer a kid. :P