2010: Official What's The Story Behind The User Name Topic

d3bruts1d

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Name followed by a 3.

First used it on Runescape (I no longer play) where it was my 3rd account having forgot the details for the first 2.

One could say that its also because my favorite number was 3 or because i was born in 93

(Old one) Darkfuneral1337, Darkfuneral - Favorite band. 1337 just because a lot of times regular doesn't exist so why not add 1337 :)

(New one) Krieg1337 - I am german and Krieg means war and since I play a lot of war games I thought it would be appropriate :), 1337 again because often the regular name is already taken.

• 1 month later...

My name was the first "real" character I started in EQ1 Test Server. After surviving "The Wipe" as we grew to call it, some friends and I try and always use the same name - sort of wear them like badges of honor.

I don't put nearly as much thought into it anymore, but just about anywhere i've gone I've managed to use the name (or added an x, in the cases someone else stole my name!)

/Mourn Noodles

Now ya know =)

-SERANI Mezzemall

• 5 weeks later...

I watched Highlander the Series, when I was young. I originally used the name Duncun, but I screwed up the spelling there. I decided I like Darius better, but at the tender age of 14 or 15, I screwed up the spelling of Dariuas as well.... and thus, here I am. I claim to the world that I am obssessed with King Darius from the time period of Alexander the Great, but I won't give you guys that pitch. ;O

Mine goes back to the old DFI-Street days. Which is when I really got interested in performance/enthusiast level hardware. So its the first three letters of my last name + spot - meaning it's "my spot" or as everyone knows me these days "wevsspot" or wev for short.

Edited by wevsspot

lol...well my nick started out as BallistiX cuz when I bought my first GOOD set of Ram sticks, which were BallistiX tracers....I really liked them cuz of the LED and performance and as I said it was my first good set so I made my nick BallistiX. That changed to Ballistics after some time cuz ppl would call me "ballist" which doesn't mean anything except that they can't read. I used ballist1x with a 1 instead of i, cuz sometimes the name is already taken on forums n stuff...I know..not very original but I like it. And anyways...I totally OWN any other ballistics on the internets...

Mine is self explanatory. L33t for being l33t, and p1mp... Well, I don't want another infraction, so I'll let you guys figure it out. :lol:

Mine is the nickname "Lo" given to one of Pickett's brigade commanders, Longstreet's I Corp, Army of Northern Virginia. His name was Lewis Armistead, but he was a quiet, shy guy, so they changed his first name to "Lothario" in jest, and then just shortened it to Lo. So, Lo Armistead.

• 2 months later...

There is a radio station around the area that refers to their audience as P1's. P1 stands for priority one and each P1 has their own user name. During the time I became a P1, i was really big into Ford Mustangs and that was the roots for my user name. Blown stands for supercharging a motor, while stroked stands for boring out the cylinders to increase displacement and It just so happens that blown and stroked is a sexual innuendo also ;)