2010: Official What's The Story Behind The User Name Topic

d3bruts1d

Each member on OCC has a username. Some of those names are odd, others are geeky, and some are as simple as a person's real name. Over the years, we've hada number of topics to allow members to tell their story. How, why, and even when they decided on the username they have. Our last main topic was started by cybergrunt69 and has been running since 2005.

We've had a lot of new members join, and old members change their name. As such, it's a good time to start over. Allow new people to tell their story and allow the older members to retell theirs and reintroduce themsevels to the current member base. :)

Archive

- 2005-2010

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SenitaL -

I made the name up when i was 9 years old (back in 1997/8), for a game Called Starsiege. Over the years and games i played i kept the name. Now its recognised here and there and is commonly abbreviated to Sen, its just stuck from the begining and ill still have it for many many years to come B:)

I remember doing a google search back in the day and nothing came up except a few refrences to myself in a few gaming forums (it came in very usefull if i needed to check up on myself :lol:). Now if you type it in theres some Stupid Design company thats nicked it <_< bah i should have licensed it or something lol.

So umm yeah thats pretty much my names story :thumbs-up:

Psywar:

Back in 1999, I was about 15/16 year's old I was doing some bad things on the internet.

I was reading something, and I seen the term "Psywar" I looked it up and found the meaning of it used by the Government: Meaning "Psychological Warfare."

At the time I felt this name was perfect for someone who was causing mischief like I was lol! The name just stuck: I use it on all the forums I belong too. The only thing I never used the alias on was World of Warcraft. Someone had taken it.

I went by the name(s) Xiaolinmonk and Moondoggie.

"The U.S. Department of Defense defines psychological warfare as:

i came up with my nick when i was reading a book, dragon lance, and there was that one character, raistlin, that i really liked, so i wanted my nicknae to reflect something of his personality, so i mixed the letters of the name raistlin with my first and last name, and came up with the nick name alentor... ;D been using this nickname for 3 years, before that i was known as drkmod! xD its an old nick i came up with when i was playing red faction, i was 11..

PS: its my first post after 2 or maybe even 3 months, i been away for a while cause i just got recruited to the army... I SHOT FROM A T.A.R 21 ;P!!