2010: Official What's The Story Behind The User Name Topic

d3bruts1d

I sorta had a bad mouth when I was younger , when the kids got old enough to start repeating me I changed it a bit and said ( oh_fubar instead of , well you guys know)

Then I started learning about ( make that trying) and considering my skill levels oh_ fubar it is!!

Edited by oh_fubar

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Metallica - Sad but True, is where my name originated from.

Before I knew the lyrics, it sounded like sack patrol instead of sad but true. At that time I was playing Diablo 2 so I made that my character name which was 2 years ago. Now I decided to make it my official nick since ballistics is the nick of every other person and their dog on the internets.

Lol that's hysterical.

As for my name, well have you ever seen Yngwie Malmsteen play? He's a god, trust me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ISosUk4rdI&feature=related

Also, while I was in high school I was trying to think of new ways to avoid paying property taxes if I ever got my own place. So my plan was to create a religion with Malmsteen as the god, and turn my home into the first Church of Malmsteen. Anyone want to join? :)

Edited by malmsteenisgod

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

First post, booyaah!

I got mine from my parents as well lol. Kinda weird that my last name is also the name of some dwarf who wears green and fights pixels. Also, everyone I know calls me Link. So that's it.

Edit: and I was already able to mess up the topic I was supposed to post this in. Blargh. Well, maybe it's still 2010 for me.

Edited by martinlink

First post, booyaah!

I got mine from my parents as well lol. Kinda weird that my last name is also the name of some dwarf who wears green and fights pixels. Also, everyone I know calls me Link. So that's it.

Edit: and I was already able to mess up the topic I was supposed to post this in. Blargh. Well, maybe it's still 2010 for me.

Oh well, now worries.

Sometimes if a new thread has been made then it isn't very easy to find.

Welcome to OCC.

:D

I feel like such a noob for asking this(I have tried Google and searching the forums) but how do you change your user name(mine right now just says "Member")? when I go to edit my settings, then profile info, it only has B day and x number of visitors. I have checked every other setting to. but no luck, do you need to have a certain number of posts or something like that? Thanks

Edited by Black6464

growing up and playing atari and nintendo games, my youngest brother who was 5-9 years old at the time, would come ask me for help on getting past a certain part of a game, but could never remember the name of any of them, just refered to them as "that one fight game where...". it kind of evolved to where me, and my other two brothers as well, would just refer to every game as "fight game". Could be a video game, board game, spades, basketball, any game=fight!

Edited by Fight Game