Windows 7 Ultimate

ronbo191

Bought a new 120 gig hard drive for my laptop (Toshiba P105 S6024) and installed Windows 7 Ultimate on it. No trouble with the install, it only took 15 minutes or so. I ended up with 2 conflicts in Devise Manager. One was with the audio drivers and the other is Mass storage controller. The audio drivers from Toshiba for the P105 and Windows 7 did not work. I spent about one hour searching the web and found a link for audio conexant drivers for Vista and they work fine. The laptop is running fine, but I would like to get this conflict for Mass storage controller out of the Devise Manager. I tried the chip set drivers for my laptop and Windows 7 from the Toshiba driver download page and I still have the conflict. Can any one help me with this? Should I see if there are Vista drivers for my chip set? The same laptop ran great with XP Pro last week with no conflicts at all. Thank you for any advise....

yes, u need the vista drivers, if they are not available XP drivers are fine, just when u install them right click the exe and give administrative privelages and install using XP sp3 compatibility mode.

mass storage driver is ur USB/SD card/ etc junk

i dont understand why you are installing the chipset

i told you to install the drivers for the mass storage device

your chipset is your CPU, northbridge and southbridge, and GPU

this has nothing to do with your USB

link me your laptops driver page and Ill look to tell you which download you need

try to install this one

Texas Instruments PCIxx21 FlashMedia Driver for Windows XP/2000

remember if you have trouble installing the driver, do this

extract the file, right click the setup.exe, check run as admin and run in XP compatibility mode

th_compataibility.png

if that does not solve the problem you may also need these drivers

Toshiba SD Memory Card Format Utility for Windows XP/2000

SD Secure Module for Windows XP

edit: the toshiba website does not allow direct linking to the driver, be sure to refine search by windows XP and driver

Edited by potatochobit