SpinQ VT CPU Cooler from Thermaltake Tested

Nemo

I read a review about this in Maximum PC magazine and according to them it did very poorly, well they also list the the best cpu cooler for the money as the Cooler Master Hyper 212+. Which, could be debated because of the low price but they said that the Hyper 212+ stomped this thing.

But, I believe ccokeman every time, if he said it is a good performer it must be true. I really love the design of this cooler and deep down I really wanted it to perform as well as it looks.

Edit: It beat the Hyper TX3 but not by much, I bet the 212+ 120mm would beat this. Disappointing, I really wanted to like this thing.

Edited by gabrieltessin

I read a review about this in Maximum PC magazine and according to them it did very poorly, well they also list the the best cpu cooler for the money as the Cooler Master Hyper 212+. Which, could be debated because of the low price but they said that the Hyper 212+ stomped this thing.

But, I believe ccokeman every time, if he said it is a good performer it must be true. I really love the design of this cooler and deep down I really wanted it to perform as well as it looks.

Edit: It beat the Hyper TX3 but not by much, I bet the 212+ 120mm would beat this. Disappointing, I really wanted to like this thing.

:bah: no cooler is better for the money than the Sunbeam Core Contact 120

This cooler was really cool "looking" but not as good as I thought it'd be.

Its not all that bad. You have to know the market you are playing in and as a replacement cooler that will be sold alongside the SpinQ at Best Buy it will be a great upgrade from the stock heatsink. In that context it should do well. The TX3 had a really poor contact surface with the direct contact heatpipes sitting visibly below the level of the aluminum base. Fit and finish wise its a nice cooler.

Well I guess we will have to get one for review to answer this question for ya :)