• 802.11g/n
    • 802.11b/g/n
    • 802.11a/b/g/n
    • All wired 10/100
    • All wired 10/100/1000
    • Fiber
    • No network
    • Using the neighbors wireless

This week, we want to know what kind of network you have running at home. If you are using wireless, select the most appropriate choice for the devices you have connected to the network. Hopefully, none of our users are still using a/b. ;)

I've got a couple of "N" devices, but they are connected as "G". Everything else that is wireless is connected at "G" as well. So that'd be a big vote of "G" for me. :P

Honestly...

I dont have wireless...the one I had kept dropping all the time and was slow...I only got it for the Wii but that has since been hardwired as well...

I dont know the difference between the A,B and Cs of wireless....alll I need to now is that if I need I can find and open one and connect to it...

I dont mind sharing net over wireless and I have even set up and open access point once for others just so everyone local could share a connection...

As long as it isnt abused I dont mind who uses it...

I used to have wireless B, then G, tried N also then I plugged in a network cable and saw the difference, wired the whole damn house with cat 6 and put jacks everywhere turned the wireless off.

I used to have wireless B, then G, tried N also then I plugged in a network cable and saw the difference, wired the whole damn house with cat 6 and put jacks everywhere turned the wireless off.

I'm about ready to do that.

Wireless G for one computer and one laptop. Wired 100M for 2 computers and 2 consoles.

Also can connect to the free city WiFi. Only 1 Mbps though, but fast and stable enough to watch Hulu on. Don't use it unless I visit my grandparents house. They also got a city WiFi antenna nearby.

Down with analog TV and up with WiFi Internet :D

Edited by Krazyxazn

I prefer a wired connection also, but the wireless is handy for running more than 1 unit in a room with only 1 wired connection. I also like it for a new OS install, which I do a lot, the first thing I do is load the drivers for my wireless USB dongle, then I can go right to the web to download all the other drivers.

Desktops are all wired.

Wireless G for the netbook and any visiting devices with wireless.

I run wired but have wireless for laptops and ps3

dir-655.jpg

IEEE 802.11n (draft 2.0)

IEEE 802.11g

IEEE 802.3

IEEE 802.3u

IEEE 802.11g/n

Laptop and printer both only work on a/b/g networks, so N is for the Desktop PC's, G for Lappy and Printer :D

I only use wireless for my netbook so I only have a Linksys WAP11 (yes, it's a/b). Every room is wired with gigabit though. :)