Official post yourself thread

Queenz

Not going to bash, but for one, close your ejection port cover. For two, it does not matter if a magazine is in there or not, the weapon could still contain a blank, or live round upon inspection. Also, lay off the CLP, lol. :lol:

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew this argument was going to happen. That rifle was broken, I had a friend snap a picture of me while I was working in an armory. The ejection port was no longer springy, and didn't stay closed. Also, the trigger was broken and the slider didn't have all the internal components. It was only the slider, no beak, no TV pin, no bolt carrier, nothing. No matter how hard you tried, there would have been no chance of it being able to fire.

Do you guys honestly think that the guy in charge of the armory would have let me put my finger on the trigger if it wasn't completely safe?

Edited by l33t p1mp

Do you guys honestly think that the guy in charge of the armory would have let me put my finger on the trigger if it wasn't completely safe?

That's not the point though, you should never do it anyways, it's just a bad habit to get into. Treat every firearm as if it were a a loaded operation weapon. No excuses.

That being said with my original comment I didn't intend 14 other people to chime in and completely berate you over it. Just try to be more safety conscious, the more you do stuff like that the more often you tend to make mistakes.

If you never ever ever put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to shoot then you'll never make the mistake of picking up an unknown weapon and having your finger automatically go to the trigger, it will be engrained into your mind. *

It is just a very good thing to do.

Run on sentences are fantastic.

Do you honestly think that makes any difference at all? :lol:

Anywho, to get back on track for the thread, here's a shot of BluePanda and I at the beginning of this summer:

smallish.jpg

Edited by Waco

That being said with my original comment I didn't intend 14 other people to chime in and completely berate you over it.

Ha ha, yes nothing wrong with pointing out a fundamental safety error, but one or two posts would have been sufficient. I've made that mistake also and appreciated just being corrected without getting beaten over the head with it.

Ok. Let's explain this again. Part of my job was cleaning and fixing the weapons. To clean it, you take out the slider, take that apart completely, oil it up and clean it. Then, you oil and clean the barrel of the weapon. And then, to be sure that the weapon was PROPERLY put back together, and that the semi-automatic mechanism works properly, so we check it.

Pull charging handle to the rear and release.

Place selector lever on “Safe”.

Pull trigger - Hammer should not fall.

Place selector lever on “Semi”.

Pull trigger and hold to the rear - hammer should fall.

Release the trigger and pull to the rear again - hammer should fall.

Place selector lever on “Burst”.

Pull trigger and hold to the rear - hammer should fall.

Pull charging handle to the rear three times and release.

Release trigger and pull again - hammer should fall.

After doing that, seeing it's not loaded AND that it's broken, there is absolutely no chance of any danger. However, yes, I do understand that it's a bad habit to get into, so I'll avoid doing it more.

Oh, and nice car. It turned out great!

Ha ha, yes nothing wrong with pointing out a fundamental safety error, but one or two posts would have been sufficient. I've made that mistake also and appreciated just being corrected without getting beaten over the head with it.

You're right. Being corrected rather than being beaten over the head would have probably been better.

Edited by l33t p1mp

Like I said, I was not trying to bash, only making a few points. If you would have stated the issues with the weapon in the first place, I would not have suggested the ejection port cover. CLP, yes, still tons on there, but if you said it was being cleaned, then too easy, it would not have needed brought up.

Either way, finger off the trigger. :lol: Don't take everyone too seriously though. If it was being cleaned, then its obvious why the flaws were there. :P

Well it's the post yourself thread, not explain why the ejection port is open. :lol: And to everyone else, YES, I'll keep the finger off the trigger for my next picture. :P

Well it's the post yourself thread, not explain why the ejection port is open. :lol: And to everyone else, YES, I'll keep the finger off the trigger for my next picture. :P

I always was taught it back in the day as:

(read as: yelled into my ear)

"Keep your booger picker off the bang switch"

:lol: