Feedback on new i7 computer build

alexsinov

In the case of the memory: now I'll buy only 4GB RAM because I am on a budget, but I can purchase anytime 4GB more, doubling the RAM. And if even then this will prove insufficient, well....let's ge to that point and we'll see about that. :)

@road-runner @sdy284: I did a bit of research on the Net and I founfd out the "Gulftown" CPU, built on Westmere 32nm will be "Extreme Edition Only here ". We all know that while the mainstream CPUs Intel provides are relatively fairly priced , the "Extreme Edition" ones are very expensive.

So my logic is why build an 1366 based system when the 6 core CPUs will be available sometime between march and august (Q2, according to Intel for Gulftown) and at God knows what prices? Seems to me a bit far fetched...

Oh, and here and here I found out the affordable 6 cores, namely the Intel i7 970, wil be available in Q3 of 2010...

Is there a flaw in my thinking?

Edited by alexsinov

but those will still be very costly, based on the dual and quad core i5s, which still are 200+ dollars

and, the gulftown cpus are 6core with base frequencies of 3.33 ghz! for that reason, i do think there is a flaw in your thinking