Firefly replica keychain

Andrewr05

Your analogy makes no sense.

The Serenity is a Firefly class ship, so calling this either a Serenity or a Firefly keychain makes sense as you are then referring to either the ship's proper name or its class. An X-Wing and TIE Fighter are two distinct class of starfighters, so those names cannot be used interchangeably.

+1 for Kash

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Serenity is a Firefly class ship, so calling this either a Serenity or a Firefly keychain makes sense as you are then referring to either the ship's proper name or its class. An X-Wing and TIE Fighter are two distinct class of starfighters, so those names cannot be used interchangeably.

I'm gonna agree with Kash. Ivy, to correct your analogy, had Luke named his X-Wing, then one could sell a X-Wing keychain or an -insert name- keychain, they'd both just be keychains of an x-wing.

Same idea goes for cars, you could have a '69 Charger keychain or a General Lee keychain, they'd pretty much be the same thing. What you're analogy said was a Charger keychain and a Camaro keychain were the same thing because they're both sports cars, essentially. B:)

yeah I see where you'd think that and since I'm not an expert on the ship I do not know if it truly is any more unique than any other firefly class ship but I figured it would have some kind of special modifications (when first acquired or during it's travels)

I wasn't trying to be a smartass but was just saying that if the Serenity itself is a special firefly class ship than I as a fan would be insulted it if a toy manufacturer were to call it just a firefly and not it's personal name.

Ah, so you're going with something akin to this: calling the Millennium Falcon a YT-1300 class freighter would be an insult since while technically correct, the official designation robs the ship of its essence.

I can see where you're coming from, though keep in mind that calling the ship by either name is still technically correct.

Ah, so you're going with something akin to this: calling the Millennium Falcon a YT-1300 class freighter would be an insult since while technically correct, the official designation robs the ship of its essence.

I can see where you're coming from, though keep in mind that calling the ship by either name is still technically correct.

yeah. (plus it was mentioned as bait to find out whether or not the Serenity itself does stand apart to a comparable ship in it's class)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Should hopefully be receiving my 2 keychains soon...

send me your firefly collection!! I cant find anywhere to stream the first few eps and I wanna make sure I like it before I'd sink money into it.

• 2 weeks later...