Quiet Mid Tower Case

Hi, I have been reading OCC reviews and I have found it very helpful in looking for and compiling a list of the computer parts for my new gaming rig.

The main problem I am having is choosing a case. I was not looking for a full tower case as I see them as a bit large. Which case do you recommend as the most value for money as well as good airflow?

I have basically narrowed my case selection down to one of these five cases. Each case has had positive reviews on OCC but i have found it hard to find any sites that compare the airflow and case temperatures of these cases.

I was planning to air cool my system.

Antec Nine Hundred Two

Nzxt Hades

CM Storm Sniper Black Edition

HAF 922

Thermaltake element G

Thankyou for your help

Hi, I have been reading OCC reviews and I have found it very helpful in looking for and compiling a list of the computer parts for my new gaming rig.

The main problem I am having is choosing a case. I was not looking for a full tower case as I see them as a bit large. Which case do you recommend as the most value for money as well as good airflow?

I have basically narrowed my case selection down to one of these five cases. Each case has had positive reviews on OCC but i have found it hard to find any sites that compare the airflow and case temperatures of these cases.

Antec Nine Hundred Two

Nzxt Hades

HAF 922

Thermaltake element G

Thankyou for your help

personally i love the storm... but each to there own

Antec Nine Hundred Two

Nzxt Hades

HAF 922

Thermaltake element G

Thankyou for your help

I just built a new rig last week, been runnin great, the case i used is the cooler master gladiator 600 mid tower, its a little bigger than my old emachine and bigger than i thought it would be but once i put it all together i realized i needed all the extra space, its not large though, it comes with a fan in the front and top. i think it was $64 from tigerdirect. I modded it a little for extra cooling by putting a 120 directly behind the front panel under my cd drive, plus i can fit one more cd drive without removing the fan, since the power supply mounts in the bottom i put the fan of the UltraLSP 650 facing up inside the case, cuz although theres a vent to point it down the underspace is quite small. I also installed a rear fan and PCI slot fan to suck more air out the back. Originally i put a fan in the side vent, there are two, but came to find natural airflow works better through there, thats why i added the 2nd front fan, doubling as a memory cooler cuz its level with the memory on the board. The hard drive bays are manageable, there is room for five but IMO air wouldnt flow good so i have two in there, 3 is the most i'll go, anything after that i will use my cd drive bay for a hard drive swap bay. I hope this helps you consider it, i cant say its quiet but thats cuz i'd rather it hover than overheat! HAPPY BUILDING!

HAF 922. Great airflow, great cable management and dust filters are definitly a plus. Liquid cooling ports in the back to run the tubing and room on top to mount a tripple rad :). Comes with BIG fans!!! :P. It will give you a chance to mod it as you will want to paint it black. Red led's are freakin shweet :P

HAF 922. Great airflow, great cable management and dust filters are definitly a plus. Liquid cooling ports in the back to run the tubing and room on top to mount a tripple rad :). Comes with BIG fans!!! :P. It will give you a chance to mod it as you will want to paint it black. Red led's are freakin shweet :P

what dust filters? the Haf has 1 on the frotn fan.. the side fan placement.. the psu etc has none... Unless i missed something

Edited by unknownuser200

The antec 900 is a quiet and good air flowing case at the mid and low speeds but with the fans up its a noise monster. If you are looking for the best value and lowest noise I recommend the HAF 922.

cm 690 II is great if ur on a budget ,but seeing the cases uve mentioned thses are a bit on the expensive side ,the best cases according to me is the NZXT hades and HAf 922,NZXT hades comes with a lot of fans that i like,the haf has more cooling if u put a 200 on the side and 120 or 140 at the bottom,,and dust filters are useless ,i used my case with dust filter or without dust filters dust still enter the case more or a little less, they just get clogged after a day if ur pc is on 24/7 the make ur case look dirty,so dont worry about dust filters .

Edited by joel.monteiro

If quiet's what you're looking for then maybe more fans and a fan controller is the way to go. Heck my Tempest has 7 fans and if I wasn't running the 2 CPU fans on full speed it'd be whisper quiet.

Of course quietness often comes at the price of performance...

Thanks a lot for all the input. It has giving me more food for thought.

I would be nice to be able to see what they look like and personally have a look through them, But around here I can only really make a choice based off the pictures I see on the internet.

So basically the sniper and the HAF have the best cooling as they can both have up to 3 x 200mm fans? and the HAF and Sniper are basically made off the same model but look different?

Is Cooler Master heaps better then Antec atm? Because it seems that the HAF is popular.

What makes the other cases more expensive then the hades?

Thanks a lot for your help guys it is helping me eliminate any questions i had regarding these cases.