molotovdaskwerl

:D, about to case change

so i'm thinking its about time for me to switch my case from the generic gateway crap too something sexy and colorfu

i originally had in mind the nzxt tempest till i saw this sexy case

http://www.xoxide.com/sunbeam-transformer-case-black.html

the actual case aesthetics dont really matter to me how they are, but i need something relatively easy to play with lighting, as my goal is to go with blue and then one spot of green, which i'm planning to try and piece something together, LED wise to look like a green beating heart in the light, but that's fer later addressing

so i'm asking if anyone has heard anything about this case, what they heard, any suggestions for other possible kses and what not

and possibly what i should focus on when i do the transfer

I dont personally like the mix of Random shapes on plexi windows.

its like the guys at the beach with a big random tribal tattoo, i feel its been way too played out.

but thats just my personal op.

what were you going to do with LED lighting? i have a bunch of green LED wiring i harvested out of a similar looking (and in the long run dissapointing) Xion solaris case

its really simple to mod lights without paying for a bunch of money or tools

tempest is better than this

I agree. The Sunbeam looks more like a novelty case to me, but then again it's up to the user of the case. If it suits you're needs, then go for it.

I think that sunbeam would work in certain cases, but the Tempest simply has a smaller window so you can stick a light in one of it's windowless parts and have it come in from the side of the window.. wait quick sketch:

post-70173-1266229101_thumb.jpg

as far as it goes im trying to find sort of a sleakish case, and i was mildly interested into the sunbeam case, but it did just occur to me that in the end the random shapes could get really gawd awful

i'm not too fond of the lian li case

and what im planning to do is get about a medium strength(light magnitude) green led, or cathode, and mod it so that it has a heart beat pattern, while the fans and other lighting in my case are blue

I bought that case back in 2006 cause I was looking for some really cool case. I've had it forever, and wish I had gotten something a little less "fast and furious" as far as cases go. Old comp and old pic, but still looks the same. I ended up doing a blue/green combo, I think it came out the best of any color combo. I also took the time to paint everything in the comp black and white when I first got it.

Picture1086.jpg

Picture1079.jpg

yea the more i look at it, the more i think i'm likely to regret the decision

ima looking at tempest if i can't find anything else neat

i want something similar to tempest, with the mic and audio, and the start (and restart) buttons on the top of the case

but if there is something out there, something a little bit sleeker, and cheaper than $110

i want something similar to tempest, with the mic and audio, and the start (and restart) buttons on the top of the case

but if there is something out there, something a little bit sleeker, and cheaper than $110

The only two that come to mind are the Two Hundred for airflow and the Guardian 921 for bizarreness.

Edited by Union Of V

yea the more i look at it, the more i think i'm likely to regret the decision

ima looking at tempest if i can't find anything else neat

I have a nzxt tempest fantastic case best ive owned and the new tempest evo looks even better and at the moment i think its probably the best value. But if you dont like the looks of it dont get it you will regret it down the line.

I have a nzxt tempest fantastic case best ive owned and the new tempest evo looks even better and at the moment i think its probably the best value. But if you dont like the looks of it dont get it you will regret it down the line.

i like it

i just have a strange urge to hope for something sleakish

maybe i'm just afraid of a commitment lolololol

yea okay, i looked at the tempest a little more, and i've pretty much decided that she's the one, just gotta get it when it's got free shipping or some snut but that's getting into a topic this thread was not meant for

Edited by molotovdaskwerl