Sign in to follow this  
Stuart

What should i do?

Well ,my pc is in sig, and right now, its sitting at 52-54 C and load is has been 80+ but normally high 70's.

I found online the max mine should be is 65C.

My case has a 120mm intake at the front, and 80 mm intake on the side, and 92mm exhaust and a 140mm exhaust on power supply.

yes the cpu fan is mounted coorectly, and its the stock one.

Do i need a new cooler or what do you suggest?

thanks

Maximum advised operating temps for that CPU are 55~68C (AMD 5600+) and if you are running it at stock, then it's too high. I had one of those and it never hit 50, even under full load. Normally sat around 25~30 and got to 40 sometimes. So some things to look at?

• Where are you getting the temps from? Have you checked the BIOS idle temps?
  • I would reseat the CPU and apply a good thermal paste like Arctic Silver 5
  • What are your room temps?
  • How is the airflow through your case?

There really is no reason why they should be so high with that set-up, even with a stock cooler. So it could be that either your readings are wrong with whatever you are using to monitor the temps or it's not seated correctly with correctly applied TIM, or you have no airflow through the case.

You could try a Freezer Pro 7, very affordable and good for that CPU http://www.ebuyer.com/product/176157

Edited by Great_Gig

Maximum advised operating temps for that CPU are 55~68C (AMD 5600+) and if you are running it at stock, then it's too high. I had one of those and it never hit 50, even under full load. Normally sat around 25~30 and got to 40 sometimes. So some things to look at?

• Where are you getting the temps from? Have you checked the BIOS idle temps?
  • I would reseat the CPU and apply a good thermal paste like Arctic Silver 5
  • What are your room temps?

There really is no reason why they should be so high with that set-up, so it should be that either your readings are wrong with whatever you are using to monitor the temps or it's not seated correctly with correctly applied TIM

You could try a Freezer Pro 7, very affordable and good for that CPU

Thanks for the reply, and yes its at stock

The temps are from core temp

the room temp is 20 C

and i get different temps depending what software i use.

is it possible to reseat the heatsink without reapplying paste?

is it possible to reseat the heatsink without reapplying paste?

Not advisable to do that, you should take it off and clean away all the paste from both the CPU and HS, before reapplying fresh TIM. Arctic Silver 5 only costs a few pounds and a small tube will last a long time. A mistake a lot make is applying too much, Arctic Silver have guidelines on how much to apply.

I would check your BIOS idle temps, if there is a big difference, then you know something is probably wrong with the monitoring software.

Not advisable to do that, you should take it off and clean away all the paste from both the CPU and HS, before reapplying fresh TIM. Arctic Silver 5 only costs a few pounds and a small tube will last a long time. A mistake a lot make is applying too much, Arctic Silver have guidelines on how much to apply.

I would check your BIOS idle temps, if there is a big difference, then you know something is probably wrong with the monitoring software.

ye thats another problem, my computer was a prebuilt one, Ive just changed practically everything except the motheroboard, so cant monitor temps or overclock.