Router Problem

I have a WRT54G v6 Router. The power light is constantly blinking and I cannot access it through 192.168.1.1. Every 5-10 seconds all port lights switch on and switch off, when this happens XP gives the "network cable unplugged". Unplugging doesn't fix. Hitting reset button doesn't fix. However if I hit the reset button 20-30 times very quickly something different happens. I have a small window of time where all the port lights don't light up and I can ping the router. When going to 192.168.1.1 I get the Management Mode Firmware Upgrade page. I was able to successfully upgrade the firmware with the most up to date firmware on Linksys' site but it's still doing this.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello XxHellxRaizerxX

I am working as a network administrator for last seven years and most of the router are the of Linksys. and I have never faced the such problem you are telling.So many different problem.I think you simply change your router as all other are saying.....

Others have had that problem. If you can't take that router back and get it replaced, try either the reset method below, or flashing with the latest firmware from linksys or dd-wrt:

Long Reset Method:

Hold reset button for ~ 1 minute

While still holding reset, unplug the router, and continue holding reset for ~30 secs

Let go of reset and power up the router

Firmware:

1) Unplug router and all cords

2) Connect to router via Ethernet Port 1

3) In a command prompt, type the TFTP command that corresponds to your firmware upgrade, but DON'T hit enter yet.

4) Connect Power to the router

5) When the LED for LAN Port 1 lights up, mash enter in the command prompt. DON'T Power off the router until the flashing is done or you'll brick your router.

I'd suggest the DD-WRT firmware.

I had a similar problem a few months back, except my issue came from a failed firmware upgrade. I had to do more or less what AnUnknownSource said, so hopefully that works for you.